All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:43 am

Really like the colors you used and that Viking helmet and skull is amazing. Great figure'
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:04 am

Thanks, guys. That keltuss helmet comes apart fairly easily. I just cut the chin section out of the cloth headdress. Even without the horns and fur, it really made a big difference. As for the colour purple, it's a really strange. Sometimes it looks blue and sometimes it looks purple. It's two colours. Solid colour and a wash. The black armour was distressed with silver drybrushing. When it was dry, I used a blue tint over the silver.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:17 pm

My "Battle Armor Stone Troll"

The head on this came from an old Mortal Kombat Shao Kahn throne. I cut it to fit the Troll's head and did lots of paint work. The rest of the bones all came from a Halloween decoration of a skeleton dachshund dog.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:40 pm

That is awesome!
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Naja » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Tundra Orc
The frozen lands of the Northern Reaches are but one of the many inhospitable realms in Mythoss. Remorseless cold, raging winds, gigantic creatures, and an ever present threat of glacial avalanches along tundra borders make this a realm where truly, only the strong survive. Nomads in these unforgiving lands, the Tundra Orcs are skilled hunters, wolf riders, and trackers. Though they have only been encountered traveling in small bands, what they lack in numbers, they make up for in size, stamina, and strength.

Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:26 pm

Love that bone armor on the troll Jeremy. Very inspired.

The thicker bodies really work for the Frozen landscape for those Orc Naja. They all look great. You've got quite the Orc Army.

Here's a little side project I took on in the middle of all the molding and casting and painting on a separate commission. This is one of the Helmets you can get from Stranger than Fiction at Shapeways. Printed in the White Processed Versatile Plastic, painted up for our boy Vorgus, tossed in a black skull with a blood wash to fit his mythology a little. No modding was done to make it fit the skull, it fits a little snug but it's perfect to pop on and off as you like. And if this is your first time seeing the sword he's holding, it's from the Warlands Prince Aalok figure also paint matched to Vorgus.

EDIT: It comes in a set of two helmets, they are $14.65 and are of course based off Skyrim designs.

Here is the direct link to the exact ones:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/N3Z74 ... d=56047226

The one seen on Vorgus is the Helm of Yngol design and needs no modding to fit a skull. The other helmet, Iron Helmet with the downward facing horns needs quite a bit of modification to fit. Pics of that one coming soon.

Come get some...
Last edited by zombie13 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Naja » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Wow! I must get that helmet!
Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:40 am

Make sure it’s the 7 inch version listed for MOTU and not the 6 inch one. I forgot to mention that in my original post.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:06 am

ReallyBigKid wrote:New customs of mine. Raider from the North and an Undead Warrior.
The Raider features an Urzokk body with a Coliseum knight head. I attached horns and sculpted some fur. I wanted him to look dark, but not totally black. I still have to play catch up on his accessories.
That Undead Warrior began with the body of a Coliseum knight with a keltuss head. Once again, I added horns and sculpted some fur at the join.

Wow amazing
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:08 am

OMG I love all this stuff!!!

Howmuch was the helmet zom?
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am

Visionary wrote:OMG I love all this stuff!!!

Howmuch was the helmet zom?

It comes in a set of two helmets, they are $14.65 and are of course based off Skyrim designs.

Here is the direct link to the exact ones:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/N3Z74 ... d=56047226

The one seen on Vorgus is the Helm of Yngol design and needs no modding to fit a skull. The other helmet, Iron Helmet with the downward facing horns needs quite a bit of modification to fit. Pics of that one coming soon.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Here is the second helmet from the set. The Iron Helmet from Skyrym. This one was painted to match the Standard Skeleton Legion Builder. I had to cut off the lower rung of the armor plating on from the back of the helmet and dremmel out a rim from the inside to get it to fit right on the head and body. Here the red arrows point to the boddon rung of the armore I had to cut off from the back.

And here you can see the rim I needed to dremmel out.

With these two things in place as they are, the helmet will not fit on the figure.

Here is the finished result.

And I also added a little Apoxie Sculpt to the inside of the helmet to help it sit nice and snug to the head. I dremmeled out as much of the inside as I could without drilling all the way through the helmet, so it sits as low as it possibly can.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:40 am

SO happy with the new custom head from Zombie13! I actually already had a Mindflayer custom that I had done, but with this new "Cephalopod" head from Zombie, I had to upgrade! Here is my latest:

The head on this is obviously the custom from Zombie13. The body is from Keltuss, as is the staff (I just added some paint to the topper). The robe is made up of 2 parts - the top is from a WWE create a superstar Dean Ambrose (I think that was his name? I only bought it for the pieces) and the lower skirt is from a Lord of the Rings Ringwraith. I also added some purple paint to the robe so it would match the purple metallics of the Keltuss armor.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Havoc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 am

https://www.shapeways.com/product/5N2GF ... arketplace

This is a staff I recently purchased through shapeways from a guy called Evil Mike. I thought about it for a long, long time as it is quite expensive, but with it in hand and partially painted I have no buyer's remorse. I really like it and it is going to the red demon girl from the recent kickstarter. I wish the 4H would make a couple different staffs - maybe even a wand like sized one. We are getting a number of magic wielders with 2.0.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Very awesome parts usage once again Jeremy. I love how you can combine overlay pieces to really make these figures look different. Here are some clear shots of the paint match to the Keltuss body I took before shipping to Jeremy for those of you interested. I really love how the blues came out on this one, really creepy looking.

The paint match challenge...

I'll have some of these up for purchase very soon. I've got enough set aside for those that were on the waiting list so if that's you, you're are secure. The extras I cast from here on out will be offered for sale and in whatever colors you want it painted.

Havoc, I've just stumbled upon Evil Mike and his prints last weekend and he's got some really good looking stuff. I haven't been sent anything offered by him to be painted yet, but I would love to see some of his pieces in hand. You say you got it and it was partially painted? Who painted it? Him, you or someone you had paint it?
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive