All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Re: All New Customs/Mash-Ups Thread (v3)

Postby Darren » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:06 pm

zombie13 wrote:I've seen them and I believe I have quite a few of them sent to me on a commission paint request. They were already painted and in two different green tones split between the heads. Not sure if they were all painted by the same person, I wasn't given that info, but the lighter green paint doesn't want to stay on the castings. They peal like a bad sunburn. I'm in the process of pealing off that paint and repainting them to match the official Orc skin tone we have. The castings are fine, but the quality just isn't great with some of the paint used. Not knocking anyone's work here, just putting it out there so others might know what to expect if they get any. Hell, even my paints get scratched from time to time, but I've never had mine peal like this. I use a different resin than these were made with and I'm sure I use different paint, so there's that. Not all casts, nor paints are created equal. The cats themselves are pretty sturdy with minimal to no air bubbles.

I have only had my head for 24 hours. I'll post again if I run into any paint peeling.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:46 pm

Weather's been nice today. Here are some more pics that I took. I don't know if I have posted any shots of the Orc Skull that I ordered from Zombie13 a while ago.

Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Naja » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Very nice Darren! That orc skull is the best one I've seen so far.

Here is a mashup I've been playing around with since we got Baron Volligar and those awesome purple dragon/bat wings (helm side attachments. With Keltuss in the mix, I finally had the parts to finish her.

Captain Phasmaia (Fallen Valkyrie)

Excerpt from the journal of Lucretia:
“During a brief training campaign in the High Reaches, the fledgling Left Wing of my newly formed Army of Illythia faced strong opposition when the Valkyries of Hjarnskard descended upon our forces. It was then that I saw her. Phera, Captain of the Valkyries. Massive in stature and strength for a female, she defeated many of my soldiers. I watched, as she skillfully commanded her Valkyries and channeled the power of her gods to bring my forces to their knees. Our eyes met briefly as I called a swift retreat, but I knew then that I had to have her. Thankfully this training exercise had not been in vain. Six days later I returned and claimed her for my own. To my surprise, I was met with no resistance and to this day I am unsure why. As she she was born into her new life, I named her Phasmaia. She will be a fine Captain of my elite royal guard- the Maw of the Army of Illythia."

Naja
Apprentice

Postby Darren » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:33 pm

I like your vampire knight. The colors really Pop.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:46 am

I ordered a "Bone" colored Cephalopod Head from Zombie13. It looks amazing in hand. It makes me think of the Head Crabs in Half-Life. I'm trying to find the right body for this one. I popped it on to a Standard Skeleton so that I could snap a couple of pics.

Edit:. Zombie13 told me that his daughter thought that this head looks cute. My eight year old daughter had the opposite reaction. I'll be honest her reaction made me laugh. My ten year old son thinks that the Cephalopod is awesome.

Imagepichost

Imagescreen shots

Imageupload image online
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Naja » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:19 am

Looks great! Thank you Zombie13 for making my Mindflayer dream a reality!
Naja
Apprentice

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Working on a 3D sculpt for printing.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:Working on a 3D sculpt for printing.

Wow. Complete wow. It's just an awesome headsculpt.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Hey! That's cool!
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Garnik » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:Working on a 3D sculpt for printing.

That looks awesome!
Garnik
Standard Grunt

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:17 pm

I was curious if the Cephalopod Head would fit over neck armor. To my surprise it did. The neck armor does limit the heads ability to look down but it looks good with the armor. Here are some pic's of the Cephalopod Head on Otho's body.

Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:03 pm

Yeah, when I sculpted this head, the neck armor wasn't going to fit. The heads do fit on the armored necks. I test fit each and every head on the factory neck pegs, all four of them; Skeletal, Flesh, Armored and Barbarian neck types. Any and all of my heads will fit on these with the exception of the Armored Masked Skull (and the retired Halloween Pumpkin type heads) because those come with custom necks of their own. They can fit, but are a little tight. The smaller neck armor is just fine, like the kind that comes with the Black Knight Legion Builders, the small ring type.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Darren » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:30 pm

zombie13 wrote:Yeah, when I sculpted this head, the neck armor wasn't going to fit. The heads do fit on the armored necks. I test fit each and every head on the factory neck pegs, all four of them; Skeletal, Flesh, Armored and Barbarian neck types. Any and all of my heads will fit on these with the exception of the Armored Masked Skull (and the retired Halloween Pumpkin type heads) because those come with custom necks of their own. They can fit, but are a little tight. The smaller neck armor is just fine, like the kind that comes with the Black Knight Legion Builders, the small ring type.

I wasn't sure if I could use this head with the "metal neck skirt" armor. (I don't know what the Horsemen call it.) I assumed that the head would be stuck looking up.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Yeah, it really couldn't be avoided because of the tentacles, but they will not let the heads look down.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:57 am

Here's something new I finished recently - Grymkill the Headhunter.

Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive