Let's Talk Trolls

Re: Let's Talk Trolls

Postby BoBoJango » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
boogieman4hire wrote:Forgot to mention how happy I am that the ice troll did include a translucent ice effect somewhere. On his sword! Plus that thing is huge. It looks as big as a Bowie knife in a person's hand.

It's definitely smaller than an actual bowie knife, but not by much. I saw it in person and was amazed at how crazy large it is. When I saw Mike holding it, it really looked like a small dagger made to be held by a human, not an accessory for a toy.

This gives me so much joy to hear.
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby Frikitiki » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:48 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Forgot to mention how happy I am that the ice troll did include a translucent ice effect somewhere. On his sword! Plus that thing is huge. It looks as big as a Bowie knife in a person's hand.

To be honest though, I would have preferred him having a giant icicle as a club instead of a sword.
Frikitiki

Postby boogieman4hire » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:14 pm

The ice troll isn't even here yet but I'm always thinking of the next troll to come. They take up a lot of space, they're the most expensive, and their articulation could be better but I can't help buying each one. They are probably my favorite subconsciously and I always wish I couldve got the Forest Troll (sorry not going to spend $200+ to have it). But yes the trolls more than the evil deities, more than the ogres, and even more than the upcoming horses, the trolls rule my thoughts and dreams. So naturally I've been speculating who the next troll will be and I think it's the bog troll/ frog troll. Every troll released so far is represented on the troll box art with just the amphibious looking one left to be represented. Besides the forest and stone trolls, the other two don't fully match the drawing. Brontus's eye isn't blank white and he doesn't have a horn on his head. Though the one in the drawing looks like a bad guy and could probably be some other misaligned cyclops. And the ice troll's nostrils are way different, his horns aren't black, and his eyes aren't yellow. But that's more than likely because they weren't sculpted yet and Nate Baertsch was working off conceptual ideas. So I wouldn't expect Ker-Mot to look like his drawing either. I'm sort of hoping he looks a little more toadlike like this.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:19 pm

I love this sketch. He looks hungry.

I agree, the Trolls have such an imposing mass to them compared to the rest of the line, it's hard not to love them. I look forward to seeing if and when they come up with more what they may be. I had to pass on the Ice Troll due to lack of funds and then there's the space. If given the chance, I'd get him in an In Stock sale. But that's if I have the spare money for him.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 pm

zombie13 wrote:I love this sketch. He looks hungry.

I agree, the Trolls have such an imposing mass to them compared to the rest of the line, it's hard not to love them. I look forward to seeing if and when they come up with more what they may be. I had to pass on the Ice Troll due to lack of funds and then there's the space. If given the chance, I'd get him in an In Stock sale. But that's if I have the spare money for him.

Thank you. Like I said they've so far only done trolls drawn on the art which might be because those have a more realized idea or because the horsemen wanted those made the most, hence why there isn't random nondescript trolls on the box. But besides the frog troll there is one more troll mentioned in the bio that doesn't have any visual representation. They bio speaks of a fire troll and how it can scorch an entire village with a single fiery blast. Maybe that one would be next.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:34 pm

All this week on instagram the four horsemen have been giving us pictures of a factory paint sample Ice troll. These are those pictures and their captions.
Factory painted test shot of the Ice Troll! We had a few minor changes, but this guy is amazing in hand!!
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:45 pm

It looks like it’s Ice Troll week around here! Here’s are some more shots of the factory painted test shot.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Troll attack!!!!
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Troll vs Troll!!!
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:30 am

Looks fantastic! Maybe my favorite of the four so far. Though the cyclops might still beat it. So it looks like he has some sort of ice sword as his weapon?
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive