This is my Kung Fu, and it is strong...

Re: This is my Kung fu, and it is strong...

Postby zombie13 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:35 pm

So, I've been a little busy lately and by a little I totally mean a lot. Some last minute changes with my work schedule really halted some progress I was hoping to make. But I wasn't completely idle during this time. I was able to get two good castings of the first head, which I'm calling The Cephalopod, before my original sculpted piece broke. It broke removing it from the mold, I had hopped this wouldn't happen, but it did. So what I've done is basically start over with the molds using the two good casts to make two molds instead of just the one single mold using the original sculpt. This sort of thing does happen, so it's not the first time I've done this sort of thing. The new molds are almost done and I hope to start making the castings within this week into last next week. With any luck, I should get a good number of them made. I have to call him The Cephalopod because I was contacted and told I can not use the name "Mind Flayer" in any form, well, I don't have to but that's what I'm calling this head as of now unless something else comes up that sounds better.

I've also just pulled the molds for the Viking Helmeted Skull. This head is going to be much different that any I've done before. I usually cast my head as one solid piece, this one will be cast as FIVE separate pieces and will have to be assembled (by me of course). This was the only way I could pull off this head. And I've learned quite a bit in doing this one. Some things will need tweaking moving forward on future heads similar to this one. This one is still a ways off from being show ready and a little more time will be needed to make more for those that want one.

Just wanted to let people here know where I'm at with these two.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Hiro Nogano » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Glad to hear that these are still coming along. I would absolutely buy one in purple and another in green if it matched the orc legion builder skin tone. (I have a set of Annihilus wings just sitting here waiting to be used for something like this...)
Hiro Nogano

Postby zombie13 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:29 pm

I can absolutely paint to match any figure. Nice avatar there Hiro, lol. Do I need to add you to the waiting list? I'll be going down the list I already have before offering these in my thread for sale. Did you want two or just the one matched to the Orc?
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:23 am

If you have a waiting list, Zombie, please add my name to it. Rationally, I should get a green one for an orc's body, but I really like the purple and black color of your model. Hopefully that color will work with vampire armor.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:24 pm

I've already PMed everyone that has shown interest IN THIS THREAD on the two heads shown so far to see if you are still interested in them. I'll have casts of the Cephalopod soon, I have not casts the Viking Skull yet. If you posted IN THIS THREAD already and I have not PMed you, please PM me about which heads you would like and how many. The Cephalopod will be $15 and the Viking Skull will be $20 (painted prices) and shipping is always $5 flat for US shipping (more for International).
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Just curious how does it work buying from you?
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:33 am

Once someone decides what they want to buy, they PM or email me. We then discuss what colors they want for each piece and I total it up and I send an invoice through PayPal. All fees are covered through the shipping charge which is $5 USPS First Class mail. Once the invoice is paid, I ship it to the address given to me by the buyer and I message them once I ship with their tracking number.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:26 am

Alright, it's getting close! I've got the first painted head done and I think you're going to like what I've got! This is only the first cast painted, and I'll have a hand full ready within a week, so if you're on the waiting list or we've spoke through PMs, get ready because I'll have these ready before you know it. If you've gotten a PM from me about color choice, or if you even want one of these things, I'll need to hear from you either way. If time goes by and I don't hear from you, or I see that you've ready the PM but not responded by 24 hours, I'll go to the next person. But don't worry, the waiting list is short, and I'll have another cast ready to be painted so you won't get left out. I want everyone that wants one to get one and I'll do everything I can to make sure that happens.

So, here again was the reference picture I used as the inspiration for this head:

And here is the painted head I have to offer in the Black and Purple coloration:

The color shades are changed a little as is the original sculpt so that it is not a direct "copy" of that character, mearly "inspired by" if you will. Again, I can not call this a Mind Flayer because it's something I'm selling and that is protected by law, but you may call it whatever you want. So for now, this is my Cephalopod head for your Mythic Legions.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Re: This is my Kung fu, and it is strong...UPDATE p.3

Postby Darren » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 am

The Cephalopod turned out great.

Have you shown any new images of your Viking Helmeted Skull? I'm excited for that one.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby skeletom » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 am

Very nice! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 am

Darren wrote:The Cephalopod turned out great.

Have you shown any new images of your Viking Helmeted Skull? I'm excited for that one.

Not yet, but very soon I hope to have the first one casted. With any luck, it will be show ready early next week.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:04 am

Got the first batch of Cephalopods casted up and prepped for painting. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of you. I’ll be painting a green to match the Orc body soon to show.

And here’s a little teaser for something coming up.

zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Darren » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 pm

zombie13 wrote:Got the first batch of Cephalopods casted up and prepped for painting. Still waiting to hear back from a couple of you. I’ll be painting a green to match the Orc body soon to show.

And here’s a little teaser for something coming up.

ALL kinds of awesome.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Here is the Green head for the color match to the Orc body for those of you that have asked.

This is the newest Orc on the block from the Coliseum wave.

And here it is on the body of an Urkku, the green is a little lighter, but I think it still works. These picture were taken in natural sunlight, so they will look a little different in artificial light.

zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 pm

Here’s a pic in artificial light on my work desk.

zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive