Custom BIO'S!!!

Custom BIO'S!!!

Postby Naja » Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm

I created this thread for folks that write Bio's for their figures that don't necessarily follow the 4HM bios and/or fill in blanks that the 4HM haven't detailed out yet.

Now that we've gotten a few types of Orcs from the Mythic Legions line, I felt the need to write a general descriptive bio for the race. I'm a Biologist with a background in Anthropology and occasionally dabble in D&D, so I enjoy doing these sorts of things and nerding out. While we haven't gotten all the details from the 4HM on specific places in the the Mythic Legions world, I had to fill in some blanks with general terms. We also do not know the name of the Clan that the green-skinned Orcs are from, so I left that out as well. I also made up 2 additional types of Orcs from my own imagination in the hopes that's something the 4HM might introduce someday. Anyways, it's long, but for those of you that are into this sort of thing, hope you enjoy!

Orc
"Though most of the inhabitants of Mythoss believe Orcs to be mindless brutes, nothing could be further from the truth. Orcs hail from a complex and diverse society which is divided regionally and culturally into various clans.

Though much of the wilds are unexplored, there are thought to be five primary Orc clans: the most commonly encountered green-skinned Orcs of the Sprawling Lowlands, bright green-skinned Orcs of the Southern Jungles, black-skinned Cavern Orcs found in subterranean areas, the brown-skinned Orcs of the Western Desert, and the gray-skinned Orcs of the Northern Highlands. Rumors have surfaced recently of an encounter with a red-skinned Orc in the Craggy Wastelands, but this is thus-far unsubstantiated.

While Orc clans possess a wide variety of leadership structures, a common thread amongst every known Orc clan are the existence of Warriors, Beastmasters, and Shaman castes or classes. Orcs generally divide their young into these three classes according to early, identifiable tendencies.

Young Orcs that demonstrate a connection to the spirit-realm and are gifted in the powerful magic of the elements are separated and mentored in the ways of Shamanism.
Documented within the Lowland Orcs, this clan’s Shaman consume themselves in ritualistic magical fires as their final rite of passage. This results in blackened and burned skin which marks their role in the clan and dedication to the elements for the remainder of their lives. It is unknown if this rite of passage is practice by other clan's Shaman.

The most physically dominant and aggressive individuals are trained in the way of battle and become Warriors. The Warrior class is further divided into specializations such as Blacksmith, Soldier, Blademaster, and Berserker.

Those that are physically agile, yet show an affinity for animals become the clan’s Beastmasters. Each Orc clan utilizes various beasts to patrol their lands, guard their wares, wage war, construct fortresses, and carry heavy loads. Beastmasters utilize subtle Nature Magic to form a primal and mutualistic connection to the creatures they care for. This connection results in a seamless interface between Orc and beast, essentially functioning as a single mind for whichever task is required. This connection is particularly strong between riders and steeds. Though the selection of riding beast species is dependant on the habitat the Clan hails from, some of the more commonly seen Orc steeds are worgs, hyenas, jungle-cats, and bipedal dinosaurs.

Unlike Goblins (whom Orcs sometimes ally themselves with to wage war), Orcs have not been known to enslave other creatures such as Trolls, Ogres, and Cyclops. There have been a handful of stories of adventurers encountering Orc rangers, assassins, and even warlocks. These classes have not been documented among all of the aforementioned clans, and most likely are attributed to differing specializations that different clans might practice among the three core classes.

Hybridization
Cross-breeding between Humans and Orcs, though rare, has been known to occur particularly during times of war. The offspring of such pairings are diverse in their appearance, but always have pointed ears and tusks. Typically the skin and hair color of these individuals is of the Human parent’s color shade. This suggests that the Orc’s tusks, pointed ears and the Human’s skin and hair color are dominant traits. Half-Orcs as they are known, are rarely accepted into either Orc or Human society. Outcast and solitary, Half-Orcs often willingly become Gladiators or Mercenaries as their enhanced strength, fearsome appearance, and increased intellect suits them well for these careers. If these Half-Orcs are lucky enough to find a Human mate, their offspring can have any combination or severity of features, but typically of a reduced nature: slightly pointed ears, small tusks, and/or a slight greenish tint to the skin with an overall Human appearance. These individuals have a higher chance of being accepted into Human society, as they can often conceal their Orcish heritage or be charismatic enough to explain it away."
Naja
Platinum Grunt

Re: Custom BIO'S!!!

Postby Izdawiz » Sun May 13, 2018 12:37 pm

Fun!
Izdawiz
Smith

Postby Darren » Sun May 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Good idea. I like what you did with the Orc's. I have no doubt that we all have our own take on the Mythic Legion lore.
Darren
Golden Grunt

Postby Naja » Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 am

Hi All- with the exciting announcement that new orcs are on their way, I immediately wanted to diversify their ranks and flesh out what makes them different. I went ahead and wrote a bio, which explains why they are red. This will tide me over until we get the official bio from 4HM, which I'm sure will be great. I made 3 warriors and a Shaman. Enjoy!

Fury Clan Orc
Though most of the inhabitants of Mythoss believe Orcs to be mindless brutes, nothing could be further from the truth. From a very early age, Fury Clan Orcs of the Craggy Wastelands subject themselves to ceaseless trials and never ending battle-stress. Though many perish during these trials, those that are able to persist become accustomed to the constant levels of rage-eliciting adrenaline coursing through their bodies. They then learn to harness their fury into something that can be suppressed and unleashed at-will and under their complete control. Upon being able to achieve this state of discipline, they are considered “Turned”, and able to rise up in the ranks of warriors and shaman of the Fury Clan. Turned Fury Clan Orcs are renowned for their superior intellect and battle prowess under the harshest conditions as they possess a clarity of consciousness and ferocity that is unmatched by other Orc Clans. These abilities however, do not come without a price. Orcs of the Fury Clan are easily recognized by their red skin and gray hair. These along with a shortened lifespan, are physical consequences of the great emotional and environmental stress which they endure until their Turning. Further distinguishing the Fury Clan from other Orc clans are certain cultural practices, some of which include various body adornments and how they wear their hair and beards. Rather than shaving their heads and faces out of convenience like their green-skinned relatives, Orcs of the Fury Clan choose to display their gray hair as a mark of their achievement of Turning. Further, Fury Clan Orcs often adorn their bodies with black tattoos or inscribe their weapons with runic symbols that tell stories of specific battles and achievements that lead to their Turning. Elusive rumors of ‘Red Orcs’ occasionally surface in dark taverns and merchant squares, but are typically dismissed as nonsense for very few have encountered Orcs of the Fury Clan and lived to tell about it…..

Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby mignash » Mon May 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Heavensguard (Sir Gideon Heavensbrand with alternate head)

Among the knight legions of the Order of Eathyron none are more trusted than the brothers Sir Sidus and Sir Sundus, the Heavensguard. Hand picked by Sir Gideon's sister Gwendolynne, these Knights have sworn themselves to the singular purpose of protecting Sir Gideon from all threats, both outside the order and even from within. Unknown to Sir Gideon, they even have the authority to defy Sir Gideon's direct orders if those orders were to risk his life.
mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:08 am

Jeremy if you'd be so kind as to post your damn bios from your custom figures on here that would be nice. They were actually pretty good. But jeez it's such a pain in the ass to become a frost skeleton based on your story. He must not have a lot of comrades. Couldn't there be an easier way for that to happen like say those who taste the legendary coldstone are cursed to roam the earth as the frosty undead. Or that's what happens when an undead warrior gets farted on by an ice troll.
boogieman4hire
Golden Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:45 am

boogieman4hire wrote:Jeremy if you'd be so kind as to post your damn bios from your custom figures on here that would be nice. .

Honestly, I have been posting 2 new pics, including stories, to Instagram every day. To repost them all here is going to dominate this thread and make it more work for me, so for now at least I think I am going to just keep them on my Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/mythiccustoms/
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:
boogieman4hire wrote:Jeremy if you'd be so kind as to post your damn bios from your custom figures on here that would be nice. .

Honestly, I have been posting 2 new pics, including stories, to Instagram every day. To repost them all here is going to dominate this thread and make it more work for me, so for now at least I think I am going to just keep them on my Instagram page - https://www.instagram.com/mythiccustoms/

I read that link as "My Thicc Customs".
Spongyblue
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Spongyblue wrote:
Jeremy Girard wrote:

I read that link as "My Thicc Customs".

JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:51 am

Bog Goblin: "My what a ribbeting performance."
" I toad you not to go there." "Mess with the bullfrog you get the horn...ed toad."
boogieman4hire
Golden Grunt

Postby Naja » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Tundra Orc
The frozen lands of the Northern Reaches are but one of the many inhospitable realms in Mythoss. Remorseless cold, raging winds, gigantic creatures, and an ever present threat of glacial avalanches along tundra borders make this a realm where truly, only the strong survive. Nomads in these unforgiving lands, the Tundra Orcs are skilled hunters, wolf riders, and trackers. Though they have only been encountered traveling in small bands, what they lack in numbers, they make up for in size, stamina, and strength.

Naja
Platinum Grunt

Postby Havoc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Love the gloved hands, boots and that claw with the wolf's head. You've got quite an orc army going. Great work.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive