When do we get Xylona's Herd? What should it look like?

When do we get Xylona's Herd? What should it look like?

Postby mignash » Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 am

Eathyron got his Dozen. Now we are getting a Xylona figure in the second campaign. Xylona would seem to need a similar set of personal guards.

What would it look like? If it has some unifying physical trait, what would it be? Are they all female? All deer? All hoofed? All fur bearing mammals? How many would you want to see?

mignash
Silver Grunt

Re: When do we get Xylona's Herd? What should it look like?

Postby Ideal » Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am

I would think she would be the only deer, simply to make her "special", to set her apart or above the others. Beyond that, a variety of woodland creatures and plant based characters that would reasonably be in a forest.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm

I have no ideer....
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Eathyron's dozen may have just been a name placed on a set of the figures. Each wave and mini waves have one. I don't know if they would ever do anything like of other animals similar to Xylona. They are still sitting on Birds that haven't sold and everyone and their momma was posting all kinds of bird ideas to be made. They tried that and they have not sold out yet. Compare that to the standard Mythic Legions figures and it's a BIG difference. The Standard figures sell out fairly quick by comparison. I like anthropomorphic characters and would probably buy them anyway, but I'd like to see the "God" type characters be their own thing. With Eathyron, he was made after the other birds were, but Xylona is first in this instance. With what the Horsemen have given us story wise so far, all these other characters follow under the "Order of" whatever Deity, that's where all the different factions come from. Right? Either way, I could stand other "hoofed" animal characters.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby mignash » Wed May 16, 2018 2:23 pm

I figured that Eathyron's dozen was a lot of leftover bird concepts, and Xylona doesn't need a DOZEN guards, but she can certainly get 2-4 figures specifically devoted to her.

Here is a concept, make her guard the four elements! All female with horns and hoofs...

1. A water themed female minotaur (cow head, blue color armor, a literal "sea cow").

2. An earth themed female forest elemental (same species as Faunus, green armor on a brown bark skin).

3. A fire themed female satyr (female with hoofs, small goat horns, red armor). You might be able to reuse the Maria Goldenbrach head.

4. An air themed female unicorn (horse head with horn, white and gold armor).

This could be done with all existing parts except the heads.
mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed May 16, 2018 8:18 pm

mignash wrote:I figured that Eathyron's dozen was a lot of leftover bird concepts, and Xylona doesn't need a DOZEN guards, but she can certainly get 2-4 figures specifically devoted to her.

Here is a concept, make her guard the four elements! All female with horns and hoofs...

1. A water themed female minotaur (cow head, blue color armor, a literal "sea cow").

2. An earth themed female forest elemental (same species as Faunus, green armor on a brown bark skin).

3. A fire themed female satyr (female with hoofs, small goat horns, red armor). You might be able to reuse the Maria Goldenbrach head.

4. An air themed female unicorn (horse head with horn, white and gold armor).

This could be done with all existing parts except the heads.

Is there a reason why they all are female?
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Is there a reason why they all are female?

Is there a reason for them not to be?
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby garyl » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:
Is there a reason why they all are female?

Because Xylona is a girl's girl. With more antlers than most men! Stags. Whatever.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed May 16, 2018 10:59 pm

JamesLynch wrote:

Is there a reason for them not to be?

Actually there is a very good reason. Xylona is a nature goddess/ demi- goddess right? And nature is chaotic. So I don't get why she'd be so Unitarian. Plus as champion of nature I'd figure her as accepting of all forms of life therefore she'd have a bit of everything in her entourage. I'd probably even make earth element a sentient sexless rock creature. Also I don't know if Mythoss has that many elementals just waltzing around for her to be picky enough to have only female employees especially while preserving her little element theme.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby mignash » Thu May 17, 2018 5:22 am

Mostly to make use of the new molds. We already have two male minotaurs, a male forest elemental (Faunus) and a 2 male Satyrs (Silverhorn Sentires). So making them female seemed to offer more variety.

You could make the unicorn male, but I just figured at that point these could basically be Xylona's girl pals.
mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby Havoc » Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 am

How about a moose and a flying squirrel? No, that wouldn't work. You couldn't get a helmet on a moose.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu May 17, 2018 9:03 am

mignash wrote:

Mostly to make use of the new molds. We already have two male minotaurs, a male forest elemental (Faunus) and a 2 male Satyrs (Silverhorn Sentires). So making them female seemed to offer more variety.

You could make the unicorn male, but I just figured at that point these could basically be Xylona's girl pals.

Okay cool sort of like Tinkerbell and her fairy friends just way more badass. And we'd be getting more unique molds for different species. Alright makes sense.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 am

Havoc wrote:How about a moose and a flying squirrel? No, that wouldn't work. You couldn't get a helmet on a moose.

Oh I get it. That would be cool. Maybe instead of a helmet more of a skullcap for the moose.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive