Same Blister cards for 2.0?

Same Blister cards for 2.0?

Postby Visionary » Mon May 21, 2018 2:23 pm

On the Instagram page they just posted a pic of the Goblin Snagg in the packaging,which looks amazing,but it seems they are using the same Cardbacks as 1.0 and everything since. What happened to that beautiful artwork from Nate Baersch with the Fairy Queen they had in the Comic? Or even something new for 2.0 that can jazz up the packaging a bit? I know a lot of you will open these as will I but when I store them I like to have them in the packaging too and I feel every new KS update should get new Cardbacks.Plus it will have each series stand out from the others.I doubt costs would be too high to do this.

I love using the Cardbacks as backround in my pics but I have over 200 of series 1 so it would be nice to get a new scene.

If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Re: Same Blister cards for 2.0?

Postby Visionary » Mon May 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Nate should do a companion piece with the new Goblins and Skeletons
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Sir Real » Mon May 21, 2018 3:55 pm

That may just be a stand-in cardback. The point of the action those pics were taken from was to determine figure and weapon position in the blister. They didn't say anything about the card back at all. I imagine the printing of the actual cardbacks used would be one of the last things they do.

I'm hoping they're different as well. The mini waves up to this point all used the 1.0 bodies, so it makes sense for them to have all been the same so far. But with 2.0, I think a different colored back and art piece would be fantastic. Green, yellow perhaps.

What can you tell us, Nate? :D
Sir Real
Bronzesmith

Postby ToDigAndBeDug » Mon May 21, 2018 5:21 pm

I think it'd be great to have a new card back for the 2.0, but I'm not really expecting it. Looking at those packaging shots, however, what I am concerned about and would like the Four Horsemen to change, is to have the figures with pointy faces (noses, helmets, etc.) be positioned in the tray with their heads turned sideways. I know it doesn't look as cool in the packaging, but I wouldn't be opposed to ALL figures being positioned in the tray with their heads turned sideways. There was a huge problem with even the standard skeleton legion builders having spots on their foreheads from paint rubbing off. I can see this being a problem with characters like Snagg and others again this time around. I know they added the twist tie to try to prevent this, but I've still noticed the problem even after the twist tie has been implemented.
ToDigAndBeDug
Silver Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon May 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Fandoms are funny things. Here, people are hoping that the next wave of figures have new card art. Meanwhile, over on the Power Rangers sites, people are absolutely losing their shit because the newest wave of Legacy figures has a new package design and they "won't look right" for people who display their figures boxed.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Havoc » Fri May 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Has anyone seen on Instagram the picture of B'alam in the package? Do you think his head just hasn't been seated properly or is this going to be the way the figure looks? Would it be fixable with a new neck peg?
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby Cythagen » Fri May 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Havoc wrote:Has anyone seen on Instagram the picture of B'alam in the package? Do you think his head just hasn't been seated properly or is this going to be the way the figure looks? Would it be fixable with a new neck peg?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the pictured figure. To me, it looks like the head is just angled up a tad higher than it is in the prototype images we've seen thus far. Also bear in mind that his pauldrons aren't attached in the package, and those can certainly change the appearance of upper-body proportions.
Cythagen
Bronze Grunt

Postby garyl » Fri May 25, 2018 7:10 pm

Havoc wrote:Has anyone seen on Instagram the picture of B'alam in the package? Do you think his head just hasn't been seated properly or is this going to be the way the figure looks? Would it be fixable with a new neck peg?

His head looks like it's achieved lift-off.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Visionary » Fri May 25, 2018 10:03 pm

Ya like a Jack in the Box. They gotta take him down a notch
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby zombie13 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:03 pm

Head definitely looks too high in that picture. I haven't seen anyone mention how the Shadow Elf Ranger had black eyebrown and yet he has a full head of white hair. That drives me nuts. If I can get one, I'll be painting the eyebrows white. :ugeek:
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 pm

It is angled in the original pic but in the new one it's clearly too high.I tried to fix it but it seems the head might be too small
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby zombie13 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:41 am

:cry: So much to fix on that factory paint job. Oh well.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby JamesLynch » Sun May 27, 2018 7:25 pm

zombie13 wrote:Head definitely looks too high in that picture. I haven't seen anyone mention how the Shadow Elf Ranger had black eyebrown and yet he has a full head of white hair. That drives me nuts. If I can get one, I'll be painting the eyebrows white. :ugeek:

Yeah, I mean, who could ever find someone with white hair and dark eyebrows to be appealing?

JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:11 pm

Ha! I don’t like it in her either. Not my favored character on that show anyway.
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby JamesLynch » Mon May 28, 2018 10:23 am

zombie13 wrote:Ha! I don’t like it in her either. Not my favored character on that show anyway.

JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive