NEW Goblin prototype/tease

NEW Goblin prototype/tease

Postby Naja » Fri May 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Naja
Apprentice

Re: NEW Goblin prototype/tease

Postby garyl » Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 pm

Well, it's easy to see which group is getting all the love in this toyline. I think that gives the goblins 7 distinct head sculpts right out of the gate. 8 if you count Gerbilthorne. 9 if you count boglins. Male orcs still only have 2. Oh well, have to go with the flow; goblins it is!
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Naja » Fri May 25, 2018 8:26 pm

I LOVE the variety of goblins but please 4HM- we desperately need more orc head sculpts too!
Naja
Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Fri May 25, 2018 9:55 pm

Howbout a Vampire with a goatee
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby profcobra2 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:59 pm

That is an awesome new sculpt. I can't wait to see it on a figure. Bring on the goblins!
profcobra2
Standard Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:21 pm

I hope this tease is an indication that they're going to start adding new heads to mid-waves. They made it clear the next KS isn't happening any time soon and there's already precedent of them doing new heads with the wave 2 birds. So showing off this "unused" head is a bit of a tease unless there's some sort of plan of releasing it within the near future. Adding new parts during Mid-waves would be entirely feasible and a great way to sell more figures. I would love to see this goblin head get used, and would probably grab whatever figure it came on.

Now we just need to see more Orc heads.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:57 pm

Ziero01 wrote:They made it clear the next KS isn't happening any time soon and there's already precedent of them doing new heads with the wave 2 birds.

Out of curiosity, when and where did they make this clear?

Finding news about this line is like solving a cold case.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 pm

jscott991 wrote:
Ziero01 wrote:They made it clear the next KS isn't happening any time soon and there's already precedent of them doing new heads with the wave 2 birds.

You have questions??? Call the guys with the answers.

Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Darren » Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 pm

jscott991 wrote:

I agree 100%. It's a little frustrating.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:44 am

jscott991 wrote:

I think what Ziero means by this part of the comment is that there was no KickStarter to produce the new heads for the second series of birds. New heads were sculpted and produced through a preorder system with those rather than doing another KickStarter. The 4H are not going to do another wave of birds with more new heads at this point. So with that info, which those of us were around to see it happen and know as fact, there’s no reason to think they couldn’t do the same thing with new heads for Mythic Legions figures in the future. Does that make sense? I’m usually terrible at explaining things. I agree that it’s frustrating to have to scower this site, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and other similar places for information that should be posted everywhere and not just a little here and a little there and a little bit more somewhere else. This should be the first place any news breaks being that it’s their own blasted website.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Sun May 27, 2018 12:54 am

Well you know Cornboy did say to Pixel Dan during the interview at SDCC last year that Eric Treadaway went crazy sculpting goblin heads and it wouldn't be the last we'd be seeing of them so this picture with that prototype goblin head isn't surprising. I'll bet they already have this and other heads for figures tooled and ready to go for when they choose to use those parts. Remember that picture of tooled prototypes sprawled on a table. There was that head that looked like it had a Mohawk. Considering it was on the table with the Advent of Decay pieces it mostly had its mold made at the exact same time as those despite no reveal yet of that particular piece.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sun May 27, 2018 3:26 am

zombie13 wrote:
jscott991 wrote:

I think what Ziero means by this part of the comment is that there was no KickStarter to produce the new heads for the second series of birds. New heads were sculpted and produced through a preorder system with those rather than doing another KickStarter. The 4H are not going to do another wave of birds with more new heads at this point. So with that info, which those of us were around to see it happen and know as fact, there’s no reason to think they couldn’t do the same thing with new heads for Mythic Legions figures in the future. Does that make sense? I’m usually terrible at explaining things. I agree that it’s frustrating to have to scower this site, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and other similar places for information that should be posted everywhere and not just a little here and a little there and a little bit more somewhere else. This should be the first place any news breaks being that it’s their own blasted website.

Twitter please.Nice and Easy
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby jscott991 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:18 am

I honestly don't care what venue they use (although Facebook is annoying), as long as theyu use the SAME venue each time.

If I had to guess, I think the best information right now comes from Facebook (not from their official posts, but from answers and posts spread all around it).

That's just bizarre.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Sun May 27, 2018 10:08 am

Ziero01 wrote:I hope this tease is an indication that they're going to start adding new heads to mid-waves. They made it clear the next KS isn't happening any time soon and there's already precedent of them doing new heads with the wave 2 birds. So showing off this "unused" head is a bit of a tease unless there's some sort of plan of releasing it within the near future. Adding new parts during Mid-waves would be entirely feasible and a great way to sell more figures. I would love to see this goblin head get used, and would probably grab whatever figure it came on.

Now we just need to see more Orc heads.

It's funny, I asked Eric about this pic and if he intentionally made sure this new head was in the pic. He laughed and said it was an accident. In fact, he cropped out another "new" head that was in the pic, so when he posted this one and everyone started commenting on the new Goblin, he was surprised!

I actually asked about these new heads for mini-waves and he said that now that the line is as popular as it is, they can get away with doing that. They had a handful of new heads there that I expect will pop up in mini-waves at some point.

In terms of Goblins, CB stated that the Goblin legion builder is there most ordered figure ever and that the Goblins themselves were super popular, so it makes sense that they are getting some love!
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Postby Jeremy Girard » Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 am

One other thing worth noting on these "new" heads, unlike the 2.0 Birds which had to be tooled from scratch (at least for the heads), these additional heads were part of the tools for 2.0. This is why some of these new heads were "teased" in the photo of test shot parts they shared a while back. This means that these new heads can be produced for mini-waves more easily, along with the other parts in their library now. Hopefully this will mean quicker production for these new mini-waves, even though there are previously unavailable heads included!
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Apprentice

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive