CB:Yes 4ML BigBads with horses=4H of Apocalypse, Arethyr=War

CB:Yes 4ML BigBads with horses=4H of Apocalypse, Arethyr=War

Postby Tiffany » Wed May 30, 2018 10:56 pm

CB confirms in interview connected to most recent KS update 203, in the link to the recent 4H interviews on-line that Aethyr=the 4 horsemen of WAR and the 1st horse that we saw is his stead.
There will be at least 4 steads 1 for each of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, and CB stated in that linked interview in KS update 203 that the 4 big bads of ML ARE, indeed the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse. Not conjecture straight from CB. Interview is 28+ minutes long, confirmation is 7:20–>9:50 minutes into it, during the ML current status discussion. CB not sure if horses will be straight pre-sale or a KS. Still figuring that. Cost still to be determined. Plan is to give some heroic figs steads as well, but at a minimum there will be at least a horse for each of the 4H of the Apocalypse!

Order of Earthyron Symbol=Eagle Versus Congregation of Necrominius Symbol=Skull Spider = Death?
Clergy Knights Versus Unholy Skeleton dead

Army of Leodyseus Symbol=Lion Versus Legion of Aetheyr Symbol darkness crown = War?
Army of Warriors/knights Versus Army of dark warriors/creatures

Convocation of Basilia Symbol=wing serpent Versus Circle of Poxxus Symbol=Skull Winged demon =Pestilence? (Disease, plague from fleas, rodents, mosquitoes, small pox, chicken pox etc.) Good Magic workers Versus Demon magic workers

House of Noble Bear Symbol=bear Versus Sons of Red Star Symbol=Star Skull = No apocalyptic match.
Rogue Warriors Versus. Rogues of the dark factions

Xylona’s Flock Symbol=Antler Deer Goddess Xylona Versus Illythia’s Brood Symbol=Evil Weighing Scales = Famine?
Nature warriors / elves Versus Vampires

Hi guys. I’m not a bible scholar. I’ve attempted to line up the heroic factions against a parallel evil faction.
Also out the 5 evil factions. Do these cover at least the four horsemen of the Apocolypse???
I’ve made my guesses, but I’m no expert on bible stuff.
Are these good guesses, or would a different ordering balance out better?

I am assuming that the four apocalyptic horsemen are DEATH, WAR, FAMINE, and PESTILENCE.
If this assumption is incorrect, than please let me know.

Originally I thought the fourth was disease, Google says Pestilence is more accurate, and in view of Havoc’s pointing out that “pox” could be a disease like chicken pox or smallpox or plague, I have now placed Pestilence with the faction of the Circle of Poxxus and disease is a source of pestilence to a community as a whole.

I connected the vampires to Famine, since constant hunger is a trait usually associated with Vampires in literature, although vampirism is often considered a disease as well. I have the vampires parallel heroic faction being Xylona’s Flock, because Vampires living by taking the life blood of others, in a state of constant unsated hunger, goes against the natural laws, of living in balance with the land and being provided for by the land, which is a natural principle that defines those of Xylona’s Flock.

I like Jo’s logic for the first 2 pairings, and to me having good magic versus dark magic, is also a logical pairing.

Am I missing anything here? As I stated earlier I am not a bible scholar?

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/003/40 ... b807b0e128
Last edited by Tiffany on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Re: Do the Mythic Legions 4H factions Balance out?

Postby you_will_forget » Thu May 31, 2018 8:42 am

I tend to swap the first two around - the holy order vs. the undead, then what you'd expect to be the two large armies against each other.

The Army of Leodyseus hasn't had a lot of love so far, but then I've put all my knight legion builders (other than the templars) in there to bulk up the numbers a bit.

Otherwise, the rest all match up pretty well. Again though, I'm not Jesusified either. We need a Catholic scholar to fill the details out.

Jo
Summon the priest
My daughter starts school on the 3rd of September - I'm pretty sure we only had her a month or two ago
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Tiffany » Thu May 31, 2018 12:02 pm

@ you will forget
Thanks Jo.
I took your advice and fipped the first two factions in my original post.
I agree we need someone who is a Bible/Christian or Catholic Scholar to join the conversation.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby garyl » Thu May 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Not a bible scholar but am familiar with Catholocism. Not that that has anything to do with what I'm about to say, which is that you're trying to superimpose the Book of Revelations/Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse over the land of Mythos and it's lore and factions and the two don't really have anything to do with each other. Because of which you can probably put together any combinations you want. Just as I have ignored the factions and bios and organized my figures ( mentally ) into broad alliances, two good and three bad and new figures end up in one of those five groups. As it turns out, the good and bad are pretty much equal in terms of numbers. So just go for what ever makes sense to you.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby mignash » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Not biblical, but about balance, I noticed the Convocation has no army builders. That doesn't seem balanced. They need to make one. Maybe heroic snake men?
mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Lore wise, there is a balance to the factions, to an extent. Though it's less direct comparisons between each other and more similar motivations and structures shared between the two sides of "good and evil"

Each side has a faction based on a religious doctrine for which they fight. The Order and the Congregation

Each side has a faction centered around the use of ancient magical powers. The Convocation and the Circle

Each side has a faction made up of a single race with a highly structured military system. The Army and the Brood

Each side has a faction made up of beings from a variety of races all fighting for a single goal. The Flock and the Legion

and each side has a faction of loners and outcast grouped together due a common desire for freedom. These factions are also the only ones without a Mythical Being as their central foundation. The House and the Sons.

While each faction has a mirror opposite, they aren't specifically lined up to fight their reflection. Rather the factions are intertwined with various rivalries and alliances. While the Flock is specifically stated to be a force opposing the Brood, we've seen the Legion mount an attack on the Flock with the aid of the Sons. While the Army is aligned with the forces of good, it stands in conflict with House as they're seen as rebels and outlaws within the land trying to overthrow the old orders. The Convocation, despite standing directly against the Circle, also offers aid and guidance the other Good factions as they have understandings of the world no other group does. But at the same time, they're also feared and mistrusted by many due to the same powers they use to try and protect the world. Even the evil factions aren't above cross conflicts, as Skapular is a deserter of the Congregation, and it can be assumed they would not be pleased with one of their own leaving their ranks and disrespecting the holy being that gave them un-life.

These factions each have multiple connections with each other, either be it in direct conflict or as allies. When truly examined, the only real balance that can be found within the organization of these factions is that they share similar structures with a counterpart. But often times those counterparts aren't described as their specific rival.

Trying to shoehorn a specific biblical allegory to the set up of the factions just seems like a stretch to me to be honest. Especially when it's considered that the specific allegory in question is one of the most persuasive aspects of the bible to enter and be reshaped by mass mainstream media.

...as for Faction balance based on the toys....there pretty much is none. Some groups have far and away more figures then others and see much more love. Some factions stay small, because lore wise that makes sense, but other factions have exploded because it just seems easier to make new figures for them.

(2018 "Exclusive Wave" figures not accounted due to their factions being unconfirmed at this time)

The faction with far and away the most figures is the Legion. With the introduction of Goblins, the variety of Orcs and the addition of new Dwarves, they just dominate. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that you wouldn't even need to buy multiple army builders for the legion, because just having one of each figure would be enough to build an army.

Something similar could be said about the Order as well, which currently sits at second largest. But that could change very easily, as unlike most other groups, the majority of the Order came from the first KS, and their growth has been much slower compared to the others.

Conversely, the Flock saw a massive amount of growth with the second KS (second only to the Legion) and has become the third largest faction officially. It's also one the of most racially diverse Factions (tied with the Legion) making it a very distinctive faction.

The House trails the Flock by just one figure, but shows the most growth in the mid-waves so that probably won't last for long. Only gaining a small amount of new figures during the second KS, it's seems to be a fan favorite and is given a lot of love. Though I personally feel a few specific figures would have been better served being members of a different faction.

The Congregation, the Brood and the Circle all saw decent increases from the last KS, the latter two doubling in size while the Convocation was almost entirely built from the second KS (it's also the only faction with more females then males). While I feel the Brood could use more members, the Circle and the Convocation are both exactly where they should be number wise. Being very specific niche factions, their members should be rare and their numbers small.

The Sons should also be kept small, which at this point it is, being tied for smallest group. They only saw one new member from the last KS, but they've had some figures trickle in through mid-waves. Personally, I would want to see more non-skeletons join their ranks as they're supposed to be a diverse and varied group of warriors.

Finally, the group that has seen absolutely no love, hasn't seen any real growth, is barely given any attention and really should be one of the larger factions is the Army. Siting sad at four figures, three from the first KS and one being a "throw-away" Legion builder from the second, these guys are barely a faction. Figures like Cadus, Calavius and Rhamulus could have easily fixed this issue, while also giving them a distinct theme of a more "Roman-esque" faction different from the western knights in the Order. But sadly, it doesn't seem like they'll be getting any love in the near future and at this point are a non-faction in a Mythic Legion collection.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:40 pm

I nominate ziero01 as the official Mythic Legions Historian. Great write-up and gathering of information.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby beast guy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Finally, the group that has seen absolutely no love, hasn't seen any real growth, is barely given any attention and really should be one of the larger factions is the Army. Siting sad at four figures, three from the first KS and one being a "throw-away" Legion builder from the second, these guys are barely a faction. Figures like Cadus, Calavius and Rhamulus could have easily fixed this issue, while also giving them a distinct theme of a more "Roman-esque" faction different from the western knights in the Order. But sadly, it doesn't seem like they'll be getting any love in the near future and at this point are a non-faction in a Mythic Legion collection.

The army can use more characters but it should focus more on troop builders. The strength of the faction is supposed to be in its numbers. The Order, which should be a character heavy faction, has three (or five if you count deluxe troop builders) troop builders while the Army only has one. I do realize knights could be used for the army but legionnaires based off Vitus would be a better fit. That in mind, I do hope we eventually see new armor types which could be where the army shines.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:01 am

Havoc wrote:I nominate ziero01 as the official Mythic Legions Historian. Great write-up and gathering of information.

Thanks, I'm a big fan of fictional organizational lore :lol:

beast guy wrote:The army can use more characters but it should focus more on troop builders. The strength of the faction is supposed to be in its numbers. The Order, which should be a character heavy faction, has three (or five if you count deluxe troop builders) troop builders while the Army only has one. I do realize knights could be used for the army but legionnaires based off Vitus would be a better fit. That in mind, I do hope we eventually see new armor types which could be where the army shines.

While I do agree the Army should have more Troop Builders and new armor types would be fantastic, I still think unique named figures would help make the faction more unique. Army builders are great, but it's hard to build worlds and lore around fodder. Rather it's better to have a unique character or two with Troop Builders to flank them. Something akin to the new Goblins, where they have a few main Goblin characters and leaders along with a Goblin Legion Builder to bulk up their forces.

A legion builder with the Corinthian helm that Vitus uses would be amazing, but would look even better with Vitus leading them. Similarly, a new "Northern Warrior" type Legion builder with the full face-plate Dwarven helm would be great, but it would be even better if there was a new named General figure (using the bearded half-helm head) to lead them. For every one new Army Builder, there should be at least one new named character (a concept the Legion follows almost exactly, with 21 figures, 10 of which able to be used for army building). Legion Builders can add size to an army, but named characters add depth.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby beast guy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:02 pm

While I do agree the Army should have more Troop Builders and new armor types would be fantastic, I still think unique named figures would help make the faction more unique. Army builders are great, but it's hard to build worlds and lore around fodder. Rather it's better to have a unique character or two with Troop Builders to flank them. Something akin to the new Goblins, where they have a few main Goblin characters and leaders along with a Goblin Legion Builder to bulk up their forces.

A legion builder with the Corinthian helm that Vitus uses would be amazing, but would look even better with Vitus leading them. Similarly, a new "Northern Warrior" type Legion builder with the full face-plate Dwarven helm would be great, but it would be even better if there was a new named General figure (using the bearded half-helm head) to lead them. For every one new Army Builder, there should be at least one new named character (a concept the Legion follows almost exactly, with 21 figures, 10 of which able to be used for army building). Legion Builders can add size to an army, but named characters add depth.

I have to agree that each troop type could use some sort of commander. They could at least be done like the orcs are done or as you pointed out with your Northern Warrior example.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:54 pm

I have good guys and bad guys.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:31 pm

I have no idea what you guys are going on about. I have little plastic figures that I see as just a bunch of body parts.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Tiffany » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:00 pm

@zombie13

Just wondering if the mythic legions factions each have a corresponding heroic society ordered /chaos darkness matches and if we currently have a dark faction representing each of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.I gave my guesses initially. I saw the prototype of the 4H sword in person during the intern event day, and it’s great.

CB asked my small group while we were examining the 4H sword prototype if anyone saw links to the 4 horsemen outside of the sword prototype. I also remember the 4H telling everyone during the 1st KS when the faction symbols were 1st shown, that clues to Mythoss lore and the 4 horsemen were hidden within the faction symbols.
Now I do not know if the 4H craftsmen were referencing themselves, something significant to each one of them being among the faction symbol, their company, or the stories of the four horsemen from the Bible.

So after CB’s question to my smalI group, I started thinking, about the 4h factions of Mythoss and wondered if perhaps there was a horsemen or 4 represented among our current dark factions, as the art book states that there are 4 protective beast Gods. 3 have been revealed Eathyron, Xylona, The Winged Serpenspire Serpent. Not sure if the 4th is a lion, a bear, or as yet undisclosed. Anyway, it has me curious. Does each heroic faction have a dark counterpart? and Are the 4Horsemen of the apocalypse among our current dark force factions?

So I put up this thread, to put the topic out there, and i’ll Admit, that I had not even considered counting the number of figures in each faction, to demonstrate balance or a lack thereof.

I find different interpretations fascinating.
Last edited by Tiffany on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:09 pm

I meant my original post as a joke. :P I get where you're coming from.

As for my Sword Horsemen design, I'm not at liberties to say how or even if it's connected to the Horsemen's interpretation of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. I know just as much as all you guys. All I know is that the 4H have said in the past that there are elements of that "idea" of them in their mythology. Weather that meant we will get physical interpretations of them, meaning figures, or if they will only be mentioned in story if ultimately up to the 4H themselves.

As for whom is against whom, I thought that was all explained in all the character bios. But I see it in a bigger picture. If you're alive, you're against the Dead or the Dead adjacent/Evil.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Tiffany wrote:@zombie13

Just wondering if the mythic legions factions each have a corresponding heroic society ordered /chaos darkness matches and if we currently have a dark faction representing each of the four horsemen of the apocalypse.I gave my guesses initially. I saw the prototype of the 4H sword in person during the intern event day, and it’s great.

CB asked my small group while we were examining the 4H sword prototype if anyone saw links to the 4 horsemen outside of the sword prototype. I also remember the 4H telling everyone during the 1st KS when the faction symbols were 1st shown, that clues to Mythoss lore and the 4 horsemen were hidden within the faction symbols.
Now I do not know if the 4H craftsmen were referencing themselves, something significant to each one of them being among the faction symbol, their company, or the stories of the four horsemen from the Bible.

So after CB’s question to my smalI group, I started thinking, about the 4h factions of Mythoss and wondered if perhaps there was a horsemen or 4 represented among our current dark factions, as the art book states that there are 4 protective beast Gods. 3 have been revealed Eathyron, Xylona, The Winged Serpenspire Serpent. Not sure if the 4th is a lion, a bear, or as yet undisclosed. Anyway, it has me curious. Does each heroic faction have a dark counterpart? and Are the 4Horsemen of the apocalypse among our current dark force factions?

So I put up this thread, to put the topic out there, and i’ll Admit, that I had not even considered counting the number of figures in each faction, to demonstrate balance or a lack thereof.

I find different interpretations fascinating.

Army of Leodysseus. Leo-dysseus. That's a lion. Fourth beast is a lion man.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive