AWOK Deluxe figures KS is Funded & Live until 7/18/18

AWOK Deluxe figures KS is Funded & Live until 7/18/18

Postby Tiffany » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Hey Guys just wanted to let everyone know that the 5” scale Animal Warriors Of the Kingdom Deluexe figures KS is now going on until 10pm EST on 7/18/18.

The 5” figures would be taller than our ML dwarves, I think they would complement ML figures. They also just changed the stretch goal order today so the Focus is really on the 5” figures. Although there are some 4” scale figures in the KS as well, which would be shorter than our ML dwarves.

I think these 5” figures, if funded will complement ML figures.
Everyone at least take a look. The four Horsemen Gave shout outs, for the 1st AWOK KS, so I thought people here might want to know that the AWOK Deluxe KS is currently live.

All Deluxe figures that have extra heads which are a different animal, will also have the appropriate swappable feet/hooves/etc for the extra head, if needed.

The 5” figures include Thane, Ape Berserker, Chunari Ultra with Ape head, helmeted head, and Bison head; Belarus; King Hannibal (LION), Laranja (orangutan); Grimes (battle Sheepdog); Buri (warrior polar bear with extra ape head) Gore Brick the Rhino, Oxidus the Water Ox Warrior; and General Mambu the elephant.

The images of these 5” deluxe figures remind me of 5” vintage MOTU figures except these will have 18 points of Articulation.

I really need to successfully learn how to post images.
I hope this KS is funded and earns at least enough to unlock General Mambu the elephant at 170K. His sculpt is great.
Last edited by Tiffany on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Re: AWOK Deluxe figures KS is Live until 7/18/18

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm in for at least one. Hoping they hit some of them stretch goals!
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby Tiffany » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:38 pm

@crazybirdman did you see the Q/A its on the campaign page. 2nd video from top.
All-in backers Will get 38 figures.
That is only $13.82 per figure, if you do an All-in pledge.
Pick from whatever gets funded in this KS, and/or the figures that were funded last KS.
However many of whatever figures the backer picks up to the 38 figures!

They will do an AWOK female figures KS after this KS is completed with its figures shipped to backers.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:00 pm

I don't want to discourage anyone from backing this if they like the figures, but I don't think these will look that great next to Mythic Legions or MOTUC figures.

They just aren't that detailed, even leaving sizing aside. They very much look like vintage MOTU figures, with a touch more articulation.

I wish them the best though. It's always good to see collectible toys enter the market and do well.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby Tiffany » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:46 pm

@jscott991

I get that they are more like vintage MOTU. I was thinking the ML dwarfs could take on the AWOK deluxe figures. Especially that elephant. Vintage MOTU was about 5 to 5.5’ Inches. The ML dwarfs are around that height. I Know the armor is less detailed, it reminds me of Filmation style MOTU and She-Ra animation, which I do like, and all the AWOK armor is removable, swappable, and interchangeable along with the heads of the figures being swappable, so I’m interested to see some images with vintage MOTU and deluxe AWOK / ML dwarf for comparison.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby Tiffany » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 am

Gore Brick the Rhino was just revealed in Update 7.
His expression and paint are great.
He needs to hang out with B’alam, Joround, the Goblins, the Dwarf’s and especially Boarior.
Can some one, who can get images to post add images of Gore Brick, and Mambu to this thread.
Thane now has an alternate head, too.

AWOK is promoting Advent of Decay ML as well.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:10 pm

domu
Apprentice

Postby edgs2099 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:48 am

These guys look neat, but I still haven't gotten everything from their first KS, so another one is a no-go for me.
edgs2099
Silver Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:59 am

Cool, but just not my cup of tea. I realize getting something like this made has gotta be tough and expensive to put together. But 4 inch scale figures at $22 for a Basic figure, and $30 Deluxe figures, these are pretty comparable prices to 6 inch 4 Horsemen prices. These are smaller figures, and just don't seem to live up to the price for me.

$15 basic and $22 deluxe prices would feel more reasonable to me. But at those prices, this KS may not have been possible to do.

I wish it all good luck. Looks like this should get funded & everyone will get their figures. All the more power to em. It's a great idea.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Chicken George » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:34 am

They still have not posted actual pictures of the deluxe figures along side Mythic Legions and other 6 inch figures, yet some have tried to make the case these would go great with them.

I also doubt they will open a single one of the stretch goals. Where the coolest deluxe figures are, these are a year away at a minimum from delivery, and they are saying we will just do another kickstarter to get them all eventually.
Chicken George
Bronze Grunt

Postby Runeshaper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:07 am

The deluxe figures haven’t been returned from Joe Con yet so photos are a bit difficult to achieve at the moment. The Deluxe figures are shorter than the 6 inch Mythic Legions figure, but are approximate to the smaller figures (dwarves, bog goblin). We hope this helps provide a concept for sizing purposes. Many fans are planning are incorporating these figures with other lines including Mythic Legions. I know I am!
Runeshaper
Standard Grunt

Postby Runeshaper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:08 am

The deluxe figures haven’t been returned from Joe Con yet so photos are a bit difficult to achieve at the moment. The Deluxe figures are shorter than the 6 inch Mythic Legions figure, but are approximate to the smaller figures (dwarves, bog goblin). We hope this helps provide a concept for sizing purposes. Many fans are planning are incorporating these figures with other lines including Mythic Legions. I know I am!
Runeshaper
Standard Grunt

Postby Tiffany » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 am

@edgs2099 The rest of the stuff from the 1st AWOK KS will ship in the fall of 2018 (play sets, Armor sets, AWOK critters etc.,) Dwalin and AWOK creator Jason Bienvenu clarified that this morning 7/07/2018.

@worldwar hulk & @chicken George
The AWOK Deluexe figures are apparently on scale size with ML Dwarves, goblins, Boarior, not the 6” knights. According to recent comments on the AWOK KS comments page, the prototypes were loaned to GI joe con and have not been returned to the AWOK creators yet. That is why there are no comparison images yet. (I’ve bee requesting comparisons since AWOK deluxe KS started.) The creators will post images when they get their prototypes back.

The All-in makes each figure, $13.50 so its a great deal, and all backers of the KS (All-in or not) can choose figures from the original KS if they want as part of their reward for backing the Deluxe AWOK KS.
Also most, nearly all figures come with a 2nd swappable head. Some have swappable feet/hooves.

Mambu and Gore Brick according to their descriptions, although not currently shown also each now come with an alternate Hippo head, which means there will be heads for both gray and white hippo figures
!

Belarus got an upgrade, of multiple attachments. His bionic arm can be right or left side of his body. Normal arm is included. The blue chest plate is also removable, so he can be fully just fur body.

AWOK just revealed a Deluexe moose figure, with swappable yellow fur bison head (Reckus).
Mambu’s paint has gotten a purple / Gold upgrade. (He will look great with Sir Valgard)

They intend on unlocking as many figures as possible in the KS, and then put backer kit funds toward unlocking more figures, so as long as you back 1 figure, you will have access to backer kit and can purchase more items, that unlock in backerkit, if they miss unlocking in the KS.

The All-in is 38 figures which comes out to $13.50 PER FIGURE.

Oxidus the water Ox has a head, which resembles Falcore the luck dragon from the original Never Ending Story movie.

Only 3 of the 12 deluexe figures currently only have 1 head, Grimes the dog warrior, Oxidus, and Laranja the orangutan, (For the moment)
5 new heads were added in the last few days, so it may end up with each deluexe figure having an alternate head.

Also the Deluxe Chunari Ultra figure comes with 3 heads.

Currently that is 22 different deluxe figures if all deluxe figures become unlocked.

The Cunari archers, Horrid Ravagers, and Horrid archers are also listed as having alternate heads, which have not been shown yet.

Addendum:
It was also just confirmed on the AWOK KS comments page that there will be 25 deluxe heads. Oxidus, Grimes and Laranja will have an alternate head.
AWOK DELUXE is funded!.
Last edited by Tiffany on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby Runeshaper » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:11 pm

Please see link for update images of AWOK figures

https://www.artstation.com/sebadom
Runeshaper
Standard Grunt

Re: AWOK Deluxe figures KS is Funded & Live until 7/18/18

Postby domu » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:34 pm

Congratulations to everyone at Spero on reaching funding!
Still 9 days left to unlock stretch goals.

domu
Apprentice

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive