Anyone else worried about running out of space?

Anyone else worried about running out of space?

Postby Hellion » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:21 pm

Listen, right off the bat let me state that this is a GOOD problem! I am most certainly not wanting this line to end. But with that said is anyone else worried about running out of space? As my Mythic Legions collection has grown in size I have had to reevaluate what's most important to me and of course ML always wins out so the other collections get sold. Now here comes another troll, the introduction of ogres and now mounts.....one mount okay but I don't know if I can now also display multiple mounts. Again let me reiterate that this is a GOOD problem but a problem nonetheless...maybe not so much for those who don't feel the need to keep boxes but unfortunately I'm not one of those.
Hellion
Bronze Grunt

Re: Anyone else worried about running out of space?

Postby worldwar_hulk » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 pm

I've been out of space for the better part of 10 years now.

When comes to my Mythic Legions/Four Horseman collection alone, once I finally get that all displayed again, there surely won't be enough room on that one display either.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Hellion » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:50 pm

Aside from my Mythic Legions collection of which I now have every figure, so far I'm now down to my Sideshow 1/6 collection, Hot Toys OT Star Wars 1/6collection, X-Plus 25cm collection and Mezco One:12 DC collection. I'm definitely selling the Sideshow figures and probably the Mezco figures, I'd like to hold on to the other two as well as ML but I may need to downsize those as well. All the boxes take up an entire room in my basement! Eventually I imagine it's gonna boil down to just ML. Oy vey, the completionist's mindset!
Last edited by Hellion on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellion
Bronze Grunt

Postby skeletom » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:14 pm

I have absolutely no idea where I'll put the Advent Of Decay figures when they arrive... and I don't care... :lol:
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Visionary » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:34 pm

Same here
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Otter » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:50 am

I ran out of display room years ago. Now everything is catalogued and stored and rotated on and off display.

The whole system to be reevaluated when we get into a bigger house.
Otter
Silver Grunt

Postby Ideal » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:28 am

yeah, been out of room for some time now. Luckily (unluckily?) i really didnt have the finances to go all in during any of the kickstarters or preorders after the initial Raven KS, so i've been able to minimize the extra space i need.

Im in a better position financially now, but i've been able to maintain that mindset of "how much do i really need this?" that i used when i didn't have the funds.

plus whenever i see a new figure, i always add the line in of "wow, that is gonna look so awesome in storage..." and talk myself out of most stuff
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 am

I have no idea what I will do with my AoD figures when they arrive later this year.

I've been selling duplicate MOTUC figures for a while, but they were just in storage. I'm not going to dump any of the ones I have out.

The only other things I really have out are GI Joes, a couple Star Wars 6" black series, and an assortment of comic statues.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 am

Like others, I've been out of space for a while. I had to throw away all boxes. I have no idea what I am going to do when my next orders start to arrive.
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Cythagen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 am

My partner has forced me to confine most of my toy collection (the stuff that isn't in storage) to my office/mancave, with exception to my 4H collection, which he has deemed cool enough to occupy one glass shelving unit in our dining room. My AoD pre-orders will effectively double the number of Mythic Legions and Gothitropolis figures already on display. My saving grace is that there's decent height to the space between the shelves, and my partner -- who leads drug-store remodels for a merchandising company -- brings home all kinds of fixtures that would otherwise be disposed of, which I can use to create multiple tiers of figures on each shelf. If push comes to shove, I suppose my Scarabi could be re-located to my office, but I'd rather keep them with my Avians, who got absorbed into the Order of Eathyron.
Cythagen
Bronze Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 pm

I’ve been seriously collecting for the past 20 years. I have stuff now that I no longer want. I think most collectors find themselves shuffling their toys around at some stage; storing the things they are no longer into, or just selling them.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:26 pm

I don't know how I'll handle the spacing issue in the next few years but all I know is I'm going all in on whatever trolls they make and as you know they take up a pretty good volume on your shelf.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:56 pm

Definitely, had to sell a bunch of old LEGO stuff, and take all the Mythic Legions figs to work.
crazybirdman
Silver Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Bah, I just make sure my kids get good grades so they can move out at 18 and I can get their rooms. The first one is out in about 4 years!
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby beast guy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:23 am

This is one of the main reason why I started out with one faction and pretty much stuck with it. I still have the space to add more shelves. :D
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive