Advent of Decay test shots

Re: Advent of Decay test shots (or: here we go again...)

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:18 pm

worldwar_hulk wrote:The horsemen said that they normally get a few Test Shots from the factory. But they have requested a few extras, and for them all to be in gray. And they have to pay extra to get them, and to have them specially Air Shipped over here costs them extra. Then these land somewhere in between a Test Shot and a Special Order for a Limited Run of gray figures. I'm leaning a little more towards the Special Order side of things, opposed to true Test Shots.

In any case, call em what you want. If the price is determined in a way that $100 each was the price they needed to sell them at in order to NOT LOSE money, then how is it fair for anyone to say that they should just sell them for less, so that more people can afford to get them?

I mean, if I pay $80 for something that a lot of people want, should I have to lower the price to $60 and Lose money just because some people want it, but don't want to pay $80?
NO! If you're not willing to pay the price that something costs, then you just don't get the item. Done.

If they're telling you that they only way we can sell these things to you (without taking a loss) is to charge $100 for them, then you either pay that price or you bow out and let someone else get them.

To request that they lower the price, and take a Loss just so that you can still have one, honestly it's kind of an absurd idea.

This sums it up perfectly for everyone to understand. I can't believe this has gone on this far. It really shows how irrational people are.

I only made comment as to how charging $100 would be too much imo then I get piled on lol.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:20 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Visionary wrote:LOL! Have fun selling your whole collection trying to buy something(you can't afford) that you're going to sell later anyway because you have to "Have It" at any price. You guys are die hard. :roll:

BTW ToyDoc if you look at the old thread on this you were in agreement about the high price last time even though you ended up buying one anyway so what's the problem?

:lol: You should be a comedian. Did I ever say I 'had to have' anything?

I'm actually reluctant to sell any of the 4H figures I have (and there ARE some I'm NOT selling), but since I don't have a lot of fantasy figures, and my focus of collecting changed, I sold off some that have been sitting in boxes.

Be a judgemental ass, I don't give a shit.

You're judging yourself Salem,and you don't have to explain your collecting habits to me,just enjoy what you buy.

Did you see my avatar?
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby worldwar_hulk » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:28 pm

SalemCrow wrote:Well, in the article the 4H say that they request the test shots in gray because they can see the details better, but yes, generally test shots look like an image colored by a 4 year old with every limb potentially being a different color.
I've seen that statement made before as well, but then it begs the question, what is this then?

Where are the Gray Test Shots that were used in the process of testing out the figures, checking the joints, and all that? We've gotten to see pics of these multi colored ones, which are what I consider to be the True Test Shots.

They do request their Test Shots to be in gray as mentioned in the video, but I guess we just haven't seen any pictures of Gray Test Shots at this point. But then, what were the figures from the picture above?
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:59 pm

I think those multi colored test shots are the factory versions. The ones the factory uses to do what they do.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Will the Hagnon test shot be transparent?

Like smoke
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby zombie13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:04 pm

No. It’s grey just like the others.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby TheToyDoc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Yeah, it looks like Hagnons gonna be grey but dang if it doesn’t look good. I’m only gonna shoot for a couple with the 2.0 body but if it wasn’t for that I’d definitely want to add him to the collection
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:03 pm

Plus a skeleton head in grey too
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby BoBoJango » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:05 am

@ Worlwar-hulk There is a plain Grey test shot of a skeleton( 2.0 )up on Instagram from the 4H back from July of last year, there is also a photo of all the figures taken apart where they teased a Mohawk head and all the parts are in grey.
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby worldwar_hulk » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 pm

BoBoJango wrote:@ Worlwar-hulk There is a plain Grey test shot of a skeleton( 2.0 )up on Instagram from the 4H back from July of last year, there is also a photo of all the figures taken apart where they teased a Mohawk head and all the parts are in grey.

Nice. That's my bad since I missed seeing those. So I guess it would be safe to say that THOSE specific ones are True Test Shots too, while the newly ordered gray ones would be Special Order. But would there be any way to tell the difference? The world may never know.
worldwar_hulk
Silver Grunt

Postby Visionary » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

What about the figures with soft goods? Grey also I assume? Or the final color they will come in?
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby christianpyro » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Visionary wrote:I think those multi colored test shots are the factory versions. The ones the factory uses to do what they do.

Those are the initial test shots. They were sent to the 4H back in late December. See their December 29th post.
christianpyro
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:41 pm

christianpyro wrote:
Visionary wrote:I think those multi colored test shots are the factory versions. The ones the factory uses to do what they do.

Those are the initial test shots. They were sent to the 4H back in late December. See their December 29th post.

Oh ok cool,thanks.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Visionary wrote:What about the figures with soft goods? Grey also I assume? Or the final color they will come in?

Did the "test shot" figures from last time even come with their soft goods? I can't recall.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:28 pm

They cancelled the sale for Tuesday due to flooding.
Visionary
Goldsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive