Need advice on Barbarian Builder 1.0 vs. All-Stars

Need advice on Barbarian Builder 1.0 vs. All-Stars

Postby squeezeplay » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Taking into account the differences in color between the deluxe Barbarian Builder 1.0 release and the DBB All-Stars release, I have some questions for anyone who has ever owned them both.

1. What other ML figure has armored parts that are an identical color, if any, to the DBB 1.0 more-coppery oversprayed armor parts? Coliseum orc maybe? Do anyone's parts come close but not exact?

2. Are there any DBB 1.0 non-flesh parts that are missing the coppery overspray? I'm strictly talking figure parts here, not weapons.

3. For the weapons and non-armor parts, are there any color differences? I have heard the 1.0 Caucasian parts are a lighter color than the AS version.

If anyone can post high-res clear close-up pics that would rock, but even just descriptions would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
squeezeplay
Standard Grunt

Re: Need advice on Barbarian Builder 1.0 vs. All-Stars

Postby Darren » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:53 am

I ended up with the 2nd version. Mine has the flat Black color. I would love to see a side by side photo if anyone could post one.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Jeremy Girard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:59 pm

I don't have any side by side pics, but I have had both versions:

1. The original definitely has lighter skin and armor that had the coppery highlight. No other figure has a similar highlight on the armor

2. The All Stars figure has dark skin and the armor is flat black without the highlight. I also found the plastic on the second one to feel a bit different, especially on the heads and how they connect to the neck post

3. I believe the weapons were pretty identical - at least I do not remember noticing anything different.

I will try to snap a side by side, but honestly, these figures have been cannibalized so heavily in my collection for my customs that I don't believe I have an All Stars version intact any longer.
Check all of my Mythic Legions customs at www.pumpkin-king.com/mythic
Jeremy Girard
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:23 pm

When I first received mine I was disappointed. It definitely didn't look like the promo pictures. I've learned to really like the flat Black over time.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby squeezeplay » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:I don't have any side by side pics, but I have had both versions:
1. The original definitely has lighter skin and armor that had the coppery highlight. No other figure has a similar highlight on the armor
2. The All Stars figure has dark skin and the armor is flat black without the highlight. I also found the plastic on the second one to feel a bit different, especially on the heads and how they connect to the neck post
3. I believe the weapons were pretty identical - at least I do not remember noticing anything different.
I will try to snap a side by side, but honestly, these figures have been cannibalized so heavily in my collection for my customs that I don't believe I have an All Stars version intact any longer.

Even if you could just take a pic of each AS part you can find in a custom next to the 1.0 corresponding parts for even SOME of the parts that would make my day! I was particularly concerned about whether there is another figure with the same color armor so as to be able to part-swap my way into owning one with that color armor instead of having to pay up the full fare.

As long as the weapons aren't any different then I can safely dismiss that entire part of him. So that is great news. Thanks :)

General note: I am going to receive another DBB in the mail soon and I'm not expecting 1.0 but it would be nice to get one by accident. Or if anyone wants to sell or trade parts I would also be into that. I would trade the exact same AS parts for 1.0 parts and add some stuff to get the rarer colors.
squeezeplay
Standard Grunt

Postby squeezeplay » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Jeremy Girard wrote:I will try to snap a side by side, but honestly, these figures have been cannibalized so heavily in my collection for my customs that I don't believe I have an All Stars version intact any longer.

Just wondering if you had any luck finding parts?
squeezeplay
Standard Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive