Figures arrive with arms not in socket......recourse?

Figures arrive with arms not in socket......recourse?

Postby Marchosias » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 pm

Long time 4/H supporter here...NOT trying to complain, love this wave. That being said, I had one of my figures, the elf ranger arrive with arms out of sockets. I understand I can take out the figure and correct it.

Unlike most of you, I leave my figures in the box and keep them 'factory sealed'. Most of you know that the term factory sealed doesnt apply to 4/H as it does with other figures. A figure can be taken out and re inserted without the seal being broke. I dont feel comfortable doing that and most likely will damage the box....Or something else...I dont want to attempt it. Believe me, I can jack up a bowl of cereal.....

Are these figures returnable or exchangeable in any way?? what type of recourse is there for situations like this....
Marchosias
Standard Grunt

Re: Figures arrive with arms not in socket......recourse?

Postby Visionary » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:25 am

Just email the 4H and Mike,they should be able to help in some way
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Naja » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:23 am

That being said, it is really easy to open the packaging without damaging the packaging. (If they won't exchange it for you).
Naja
Apprentice

Postby Tiffany » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:04 am

@Marchosias

I open my figures. I’ve opened well more than 100 AoD figures so far, and no damage to packaging, results from opening, No need to worry, at all really.

Just unflip the two bottom tabs, slide out the card back. Note where the accessory bag is positioned. Remove it. Take out inner plastic, undo upper body twist-tie, push figure from back or pull upper body from front. Just insert arm back in socket, press so fit is secure. 4H plastic easily presses back into position, no issues. Reinsert upper body and arm into position for figure in the inner plastic, re-twist twist tie, replace inner plastic with figure in outer plastic, replace accessory bag, re-slip in the cardback, by sliding it back in place and flip lower tabs back in position.

I currently provide, and have provided empty packaging to collectors on this board, who are seeking empty, original packaging, and its always been fine. The collectors are more than happy.

Unless the physical socket joint on this figure, has actual breakage, and reinserting the arm fails, this should take less than 5 minutes to fix.

Also, remember that these figures are designed to be modular, intentionally. They are designed so that you can swap: heads, arms, legs, feet, hands, each figure separates at the waist, to allow skirts to be attached, or waist armor swapped, you can swap the lower legs, with the Avian bird legs, if you want. I’ve even seen images of arms being swapped with the bird arms. It’s not a problem if a limb comes out of a joint, because reattachment 99% of the time is simple. There is no genuine problem, unless the joint itself, or the connection portion is physically damaged.

While deboxing my 2 All-in’s and some backerkit figures, my 3 year old took one of my outer plastic package parts, arranged a big pillow as a slide, sat with her bottom and legs in the packaging, like it was a sled, slid down the pillow, laughed, did it multiple times, when she was done, there was no damage to the outer plastic. she even jumped on one of the inner tray plastic portions and I was still able to restore the plastic, of that inner plastic tray, back into shape with ease. If the inner and outer plastic can survive a 3 year old, it truly is collector friendly packaging. Do not worry. Oh, and small holes for the twist ties and by the actual spots where the hands are located in the inner plastic tray portion is 100% normal. It is the way the packaging comes from the factory.
Tiffany
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Don't do anything. Enjoy the fact that you have the ultra-rare double-amputee version of that particular figure. :D
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Marchosias » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Don't do anything. Enjoy the fact that you have the ultra-rare double-amputee version of that particular figure. :D

War vet........arms chopped off by Morgolyth? Pixxus? :D
Marchosias
Standard Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:08 pm

JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive