How to tighten a figures grip

How to tighten a figures grip

Postby beast guy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:51 pm

When I first displayed my squad of silver dwarfs, I went with them holding the battle axe. Now that my dwarf weapon packs have come in, I want to switch out weapons. Unfortunately the axes have ruined their grips by stretching out their hands. Is it possible to fix their grips, so they can hold smaller weapons? I have tried to heating them up in warm water and holding them into shape until the cool down. However they end up returning to there stretched state shortly after I release them.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Re: How to tighten a figures grip

Postby zombie13 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:54 pm

Not sure how hot of water you've tried, but use boiling water. I like to run some water through my coffee pot and use that. Dip the parts needed in the water for a full minute and try clamping the hands closed with a small rubber band or something then put them in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. The small rubber bands that can be found with the hair care product section in stores work best here, and you get a ton of them in a pack. That should be more than enough time to cool down the hands. Take them out of the freezer and remove the rubber bands, let them sit long enough to reach room temperature before trying to put any weapons in their hands. That should do the trick. It's not fast, but I've had plenty of success with reshaping plastics like this in the past.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Platinum Apprentice

Postby Ziero01 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Dwarf hands are especially difficult to fix as their fingers have a much shorter reach while also being much thicker then the full sized figures.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby beast guy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:09 am

zombie13 wrote:Not sure how hot of water you've tried, but use boiling water. I like to run some water through my coffee pot and use that. Dip the parts needed in the water for a full minute and try clamping the hands closed with a small rubber band or something then put them in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. The small rubber bands that can be found with the hair care product section in stores work best here, and you get a ton of them in a pack. That should be more than enough time to cool down the hands. Take them out of the freezer and remove the rubber bands, let them sit long enough to reach room temperature before trying to put any weapons in their hands. That should do the trick. It's not fast, but I've had plenty of success with reshaping plastics like this in the past.

Thanks for the info.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive