Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn has passed away

Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn has passed away

Postby SalemCrow » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:45 pm

*see page 3 for any further updates*

I apologize for posting this in this sub forum, but it's the most frequented section of the board.

This was posted today on Fwoosh by moldie13.
our Fwoosh friend Ebonhorn is dying.

from his facebook, posted yesterday-
"For those who may not know, I have cancer and been dealing with it for the past six months. It’s at a point where nothing can be done due to another medical issue. The two issues basically make it impossible to treat the other. I’m currently at home under hospice care. I’m not sure how much time I have left but they are doing all they can so that I’m comfortable."

his brother, who has granted me permission to post this, says the prognisis, as of last monday, is "weeks", but that from what he's observing it's likely to be sooner.

so, i've been trying to coordinate with people who know him and who care about him to either finance a friend to go see him either this week, or possibly next. any funds raised beyond that will go to funeral services for him. i can go myself and i can manage the time off and most of the expense of a trip, but i'm trying to find out if there might be a better Fwoosh representative or general toy collecting community representative to go than me, someone who he might rather see...

i kicked the idea around of hiring a singing telegram or one man band to go see him and provide some absurd cheer, but that puts a lot of pressure on the performer, frankly, and i'm not sure if we could find someone to do it...

his brother has said that they've had a "bucket list" conversation and Ebonhorn feels pretty happy with everything he's been able to do, which is why i'm opting for something completely out of the blue, something unique, unexpected and silly. to show him he's made an impact, that he's moved us to come together on his behalf. and frankly, i'd like to bring something memorable to his closest friends and family who are with him here at the end.

please post insights here, but if you reach out to him in person, keep this plan quiet for now. and also know, he's not very active online right now, and if you reach out, you might not get a response. don't take it personally...

and if you want to contribute something, feel free to PM me and i'll keep you in the loop of how you can help.

long live Ebonhorn.
Last edited by SalemCrow on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Re: Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn is dying

Postby zombie13 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:19 pm

I remember him from the old messageboards here. I had just thought about him last week and the custom figure made in his honor using one of the Anitherian figures I believe. I don't have a picture of it but I seem to remember it was black and used one of the Mutants from that series. Such a shame to loose anyone, I remember him being such a nice person. Thank you for the heads up Salem.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:51 pm

Well that sucks! :(

He made this for me back in the day.

and this.

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby SalemCrow » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Sorry I had to share this news at all guys. If any of you can think of a long time boardie who would be a great fit to visit him before the end, please pass the info along to moldie on Fwoosh. He's tried to register here, but we all know how much of a pain that is.

I hope the 4H see this as well, as he was pretty big part of the early board, and I'm sure they'd appreciate the heads up.
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Hopefully the Four horsemen see this and make him a tribute figure like with Raymond Wu. And just like that put some proceeds towards helping him in some way.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:41 pm

I would definitely support that idea.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby SalemCrow » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:03 pm

A tribute figure would be fitting, based on the history he had on the old board and the other 4H properties before Mythic Legions.

A bent frying pan would need to be an accessory.

Here's an update from moldie.
Would you pass along the update to the 4H forum that I’m flying out tomorrow and I’m planning to visit with him Wednesday? I’ll post an update when I get back...
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby domu » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Aw, man, such awful news :(

Ebonhorn was such a positive presence on the old forum. I think a tribute figure is a great idea. I hope it can happen and quickly.
Buying Test Shots. Looking for any, but will pay very well for these:
B'alam, Goblin Legion Builder, Gwendolynne Heavensbrand, Jjuno the Crusher, Snagg

domu
Bronze Apprentice

Postby boogieman4hire » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Got to say Ebonhorn already sounds perfectly like a character.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Satam » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:12 am

I didn't know him, but I definitely know who he is. That's terrible. I know it's their job, but I hope they're making him comfortable.
Satam
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:23 am

SalemCrow wrote:A tribute figure would be fitting, based on the history he had on the old board and the other 4H properties before Mythic Legions.

A bent frying pan would need to be an accessory.

I still have the photo reference for that.

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:53 am

Wait, I thought is was SuperDad2 that bent the frying pan. How exactly did Ebonhorn fit into it again? What am I forgetting?
zombie13
Smith

Postby Forcehunter » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:09 am

Never had the pleasure of talking to the gentleman but he sounds like a fun guy to be around. I am sorry I will never get to meet him. My condolences to those who knew him and his family. Cancer is a terrible thing and I had to watch my mother power through it. Even though she survived it took a massive toll on her. I do not wish it on any good, gentle human being.
Forcehunter
Standard Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:28 pm

I bought a set of 1/12 scale frying pans as accessories for Minotaur the Duck in remembrance of that moment on the old board.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 pm

zombie13 wrote:Wait, I thought is was SuperDad2 that bent the frying pan. How exactly did Ebonhorn fit into it again? What am I forgetting?

It was SD2 that bent the pan, but when he did it he did it for all for all us.

It might not have been Ebonhorn exactly, but SD2 is black and he was probably horny when he did it. :D
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive