Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn has passed away

Re: Our old friend & OG 4H boardie ebonhorn has passed away

Postby EDcomics » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 pm

I only found out this morning, and it took me an hour or so, but this news hit me really hard. I feel incredibly guilty for not reaching out to Ebon when it crossed my mind. I just took it for granted that everyone would just... be there, you know?

I haven't been on here in a long time, and I apologize for the forum issues and lack of moderation. All of that is on me. It was my responsibility and I dropped the ball. I'm sorry, guys. As soon as I can, I'll take some time to go over the forum and look at our options for moving forward. I won't make any changes before checking in with everyone.

To the long-term members of the forum... all the guys from the original forum, FanEx, etc... I know we didn't all get along all the time, but I really regret not making an effort to stay in contact with everyone. Yeah, we're all just folks on a toy forum, but for some of us it goes way back. I hope we can keep a lifeline open so that... at the very least, we can all know when something important is happening.

Cade Edward, Ebonhorn, is a major loss considering the history of the Four Horsemen fandom and FANtastic Exclusive. I have some thoughts on what a proper tribute figure would be like. I feel that, rather than rush to get something done, we should wait and do it right. We could try to fund a heavyset bruiser base body for Mythic Legions if the 4H are willing to make it happen. I know Ebon would get a kick out of that. It may take a long while to get it produced. Maybe it could be part of a future Kickstarter.

I don't think I can give a proper goodbye at the moment, so I'm going to leave it at that for now.
EDcomics
Platinum Apprentice

Postby dwaltrip » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Wow, so bummed out. I rarely log into this board anymore....only check in once every few months....so I was pretty stunned to see the news on Ebonhorn. :(

I was really active here back in the days when Cade was also active here. We had a good friendship back in those days, but lost touch when we both strayed from this board. I have many good memories of Ebon, but one specific one that sticks out is one time when we were talking about 'Fat Tuesday' traditions....and he was sharing with me the Mardi Gras tradition of the King Cake. (but more so that King Cakes were overrated and he was more about the Zulu) I am from Michigan and have Polish heritage, so I was explaining to him that we have Paczki (a donut of sorts) Day day around here. Anyhow, I ended up sending him a dozen Paczki's UPS overnight, and he did the same with a King/Zulu Cake to me. Its funny because I remember doing this like it was yesterday, yet I just pulled up my old e-mails and it was over 10 years ago.

Crazy how time flies and how quickly our lives can change...goes to show that we really need to make the best of everyday. Cade was a awesome guy and he touched the lives of many people. Wishing his family the best during this rough time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Ed, Ebonhorn was a huge part of us and the 'early 4H forum' years.

And, like you, I am pretty bummed I let that friendship slip away through the years. We all get busy in life so it is easy to do, but it was a pretty tight knit community back in those days. Just sad to hear the news I guess.

Either way, no need to apologize for not keeping up on moderating the board as well as you would have hoped. Again, all of us have stuff going on in life so it is understandable that cleaning up messes around here isn't always on the top of your priority list. ;)

I'm with Ed regarding the tribute figure....if this is something that the 4H even plan on considering, lets take the time to weigh all of our 'feasible' options and make sure it is fitting for Ebonhorn. This is the 4H we are talking about anyhow, so we have plenty of time to toss ideas around and make sure we get it right.
dwaltrip
Golden Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:23 pm

dwaltrip wrote:Wow, so bummed out. I rarely log into this board anymore....only check in once every few months....so I was pretty stunned to see the news on Ebonhorn. :(

I was really active here back in the days when Cade was also active here. We had a good friendship back in those days, but lost touch when we both strayed from this board. I have many good memories of Ebon, but one specific one that sticks out is one time when we were talking about 'Fat Tuesday' traditions....and he was sharing with me the Mardi Gras tradition of the King Cake. (but more so that King Cakes were overrated and he was more about the Zulu) I am from Michigan and have Polish heritage, so I was explaining to him that we have Paczki (a donut of sorts) Day day around here. Anyhow, I ended up sending him a dozen Paczki's UPS overnight, and he did the same with a King/Zulu Cake to me. Its funny because I remember doing this like it was yesterday, yet I just pulled up my old e-mails and it was over 10 years ago.

Crazy how time flies and how quickly our lives can change...goes to show that we really need to make the best of everyday. Cade was a awesome guy and he touched the lives of many people. Wishing his family the best during this rough time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Ed, Ebonhorn was a huge part of us and the 'early 4H forum' years.

And, like you, I am pretty bummed I let that friendship slip away through the years. We all get busy in life so it is easy to do, but it was a pretty tight knit community back in those days. Just sad to hear the news I guess.

Either way, no need to apologize for not keeping up on moderating the board as well as you would have hoped. Again, all of us have stuff going on in life so it is understandable that cleaning up messes around here isn't always on the top of your priority list. ;)

I'm with Ed regarding the tribute figure....if this is something that the 4H even plan on considering, lets take the time to weigh all of our 'feasible' options and make sure it is fitting for Ebonhorn. This is the 4H we are talking about anyhow, so we have plenty of time to toss ideas around and make sure we get it right.

The 4H have asked for a list of ideas to consider. Zombie13 are you still keeping the list up to date?
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Eh, pretty much all the ideas are listed in the Memoriam thread. I'll work on getting a revised list and edit it into the first post.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:30 pm

zombie13 wrote:Eh, pretty much all the ideas are listed in the Memoriam thread. I'll work on getting a revised list and edit it into the first post.

Thank you sir!!
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Ok, I think I have all of the current ideas and suggestions moved to the first post. It's a lot of quotes, but it's there. Just for the sake of my sanity, lets keep the fond memories and well wishes in this thread and the Memoriam thread for ideas for his tribute.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby SalemCrow » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Ebonhorn’s brother wanted me to share his words from his final sermon for the funeral service-

“Cade still lives within all of us and if we want him to continue living on in all of us then we should do these things to honor him:
Be quick to apologize.
Be quick to forgive.
Hold no ill will.
Hold no grudges.
Be a smile for someone who is sad.
Be a laugh for someone who is struggling.
Be a hug for someone who needs comfort.
Be company for someone who is lonely.
BE LOVE!
If we do these things when we leave here today and the next and the next, then for generation after generation Cade will live on.”
SalemCrow
Silver Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:06 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Ebonhorn’s brother wanted me to share his words from his final sermon for the funeral service-

“Cade still lives within all of us and if we want him to continue living on in all of us then we should do these things to honor him:
Be quick to apologize.
Be quick to forgive.
Hold no ill will.
Hold no grudges.
BE LOVE!
If we do these things when we leave here today and the next and the next, then for generation after generation Cade will live on.”

Well put.

:(
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby squeezeplay » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Izdawiz wrote:People aren't going to want to associate with a movement whose members appear to have so little respect for societal norms.

It is a "societal norm" to inflict unnecessary suffering and death on others. Why would someone who thinks it's wrong to do this have respect for such a norm? When this is a societal norm, it is the entire point of a justice movement to speak out against such a societal norm.

If you're going to delete all my comments then you should be fair and delete all the comments against what I said as well.
squeezeplay
Standard Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:13 pm

squeezeplay wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:People aren't going to want to associate with a movement whose members appear to have so little respect for societal norms.

It is a "societal norm" to inflict unnecessary suffering and death on others. Why would someone who thinks it's wrong to do this have respect for such a norm? When this is a societal norm, it is the entire point of a justice movement to speak out against such a societal norm.

If you're going to delete all my comments then you should be fair and delete all the comments against what I said as well.

I did not delete your comments. I am not a mod, so I can't do that sort of thing.

And the "societal norm" which I was referring to and which everyone seems to understand except you is that it is not OK "to inflict unnecessary suffering" on people who are simply trying to honor a friend that recently passed away.

It's called having basic human decency.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby squeezeplay » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Izdawiz wrote:I did not delete your comments. I am not a mod, so I can't do that sort of thing.

The deleted my comments remark was not for you.

Izdawiz wrote:And the "societal norm" which I was referring to and which everyone seems to understand except you is that it is not OK "to inflict unnecessary suffering" on people who are simply trying to honor a friend that recently passed away.
It's called having basic human decency.

If "Society" cares more about "inflict unnecessary suffering" on people who are simply trying to honor a friend that recently passed away" (educating people on injustice is NOT inflicting suffering. That is an insult to the trillions of sentient beings who ACTUALLY suffer and die because of non-Vegan injustice) than it does about the ACTUAL suffering and death of innocents then it's society that needs to change.

I'll also point out that you posted a political message against the medical community and the funerary community in this very thread. But when I posted about human supremacy, I was not only subject to ridicule and hostility, but was threatened with being banned by H. Eric. Mayse. So what you really want is an echo chamber, not an actual discussion with "respect" involved.

I'll also point out this:

"Be quick to apologize.
Be quick to forgive.
Hold no ill will.
Hold no grudges.
BE LOVE!
If we do these things when we leave here today and the next and the next, then for generation after generation Cade will live on."

Kind of meaningless when you ridicule and someone threatens to ban others merely for trying to educate people against injustice, isn't it?
squeezeplay
Standard Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 pm

When I posted my thoughts about the medical and funerary industries, Ebon was still alive. My thoughts were directly related to things we were discussing.

I made a single post about it and stopped.

I did not rant on and on about an unrelated subject (human supremacy and the virtues of veganism) while everyone else on the board begged me to stop.

You did.

See the difference?
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Darren » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Look guys this has to stop. There are around seven billion people on this spinning chunk of rock that we share. Every person has their own opinions and beliefs. There is no "one size fits all" answer. You will never agree. It's time to move on.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Come on guys. Lets just all agree to disagree and just move on. We all have very strong beliefs and we all don't believe in the same things. There are times when we might be a little more outspoken about it than others. But at this point, things have been said, views have been expressed, we've laughed, we've cried, lets just move on from here. Not everyone has the same view as someone else. No one has the same exact views on anything as another person would. But that's what makes us individuals. That's what makes each of us different and unique and special in our own ways. I think the main underlying tone of this thread, especially after Cade's brothers eulogy, is The Golden Rule. Most of us, if not all, surely must have learned what this is at an early age. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” And no, I'm not coming at it from a religious angle, there are two things I don't talk about especially on the internet: Religion and Politics. We are a tight knit group here as registered members, but there are a lot of others that lurk here too. There's more people that come here than most of us realize even if they do not or can not post. Lets just accept the fact that things have played out as they have, but lets also learn from it. Remember The Golden Rule. I hope each and every one of you have a great day.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:03 pm

zombie13 wrote:Come on guys. Lets just all agree to disagree and just move on. We all have very strong beliefs and we all don't believe in the same things. There are times when we might be a little more outspoken about it than others. But at this point, things have been said, views have been expressed, we've laughed, we've cried, lets just move on from here. Not everyone has the same view as someone else. No one has the same exact views on anything as another person would. But that's what makes us individuals. That's what makes each of us different and unique and special in our own ways. I think the main underlying tone of this thread, especially after Cade's brothers eulogy, is The Golden Rule. Most of us, if not all, surely must have learned what this is at an early age. “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” And no, I'm not coming at it from a religious angle, there are two things I don't talk about especially on the internet: Religion and Politics. We are a tight knit group here as registered members, but there are a lot of others that lurk here too. There's more people that come here than most of us realize even if they do not or can not post. Lets just accept the fact that things have played out as they have, but lets also learn from it. Remember The Golden Rule. I hope each and every one of you have a great day.

Well said.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive