To those that have bought from me or plan to, a question.

To those that have bought from me or plan to, a question.

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 am

First, I want to thank all of you that have bought my casted parts so far. Your purchases keep me going with supplies for the next batches of stuff. To that end, I am close to a fork in the road with a project that I want some input for. The last things I've offered were feet sets and there has been some light discussion on future feet sets. One of those will be a human set. So here is the question. How many f you would be interested in bare human feet and how many would be interested in sandaled human feet? These feet will be for the series one type body of course. If there isn't much need for bare human feet, I can move on to making the sandaled feet sooner. Given that the male figures all have armored lower legs, would bare feet even appeal to anyone to use them? The feet I have to use are currently bare and I will end up sculpting the sandal details on it, but if there are some of you that will want bare feet, I will end up molding and casting them so I don't loose that option. I only have the one set, but I can copy them to have just in case, which I will probably do just for back up. But if we're only talking one or two of you that are going to use them, then I'm going to prioritized the sandaled feet over that bare type. Some of you will probably say you want both, and I probably will, but which one will be more in demand first? At my current rate, the bare feet will get molded several times first and only until I have four good casts of them will I start the sculpt work for the sandals. But, I can make a single cast of the bare feet, put that one off to the side and start the sculpt for the sandal type and get my four good casts to mold off of to start getting them out. I can always go back and do that later for the bare feet type.

So, again, bare feet first or sandals first?
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Re: To those that have bought from me or plan to, a question

Postby Gowron » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 am

+1 for sandal feet
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby garyl » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:09 am

Bare feet would be more consistent with what the 4H are already doing and also more universal.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby Nekk-ra » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:47 pm

+1 sandal feet first.
Nekk-ra
Bronze Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:39 pm

I'm not really into feet, but let me know if you ever do some Adidas Superstars.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby HorseHomme » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:08 pm

Sandal Feet! :D
HorseHomme

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:22 pm

JamesLynch wrote:I'm not really into feet, but let me know if you ever do some Adidas Superstars.

Reference understood and appreciated. Too funny.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby Omen » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:47 am

Bare feet or just skip humans and go for some big ol goblin feets. :)
Omen

Postby zombie13 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Omen wrote:Bare feet or just skip humans and go for some big ol goblin feets. :)

I hadn’t even considered Goblin feet. Would they look right though? All the goblins so far are fully armored. I guess it would work. I mean, I did feet for the Bog Goblin and thosebare pretty popular. I’ll add Goblin feet to the list now. I’ve got the perfect set for them in mind too.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Darren » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 pm

I'm thinking sandals first. You cannot go wrong either way.

Have you considered creating Skeleton feet for the 1.0 male figures?
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:55 pm

I’ve been asked that question more than once actually. I know someone else out there offers them, and I’m not trying to complete with anyone by offering something similar. If I did make them, I would used the 2.0 feet as reference and sculpt them to look like those just upscaled to the 1.0 bodies. I’ve already got so much other stuff to work on already though. I’m not sure by the time I got around to doing them anyone would still want them.
zombie13
Smith

Postby garyl » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:40 am

zombie13 wrote:I’ve been asked that question more than once actually. I know someone else out there offers them, and I’m not trying to complete with anyone by offering something similar. If I did make them, I would used the 2.0 feet as reference and sculpt them to look like those just upscaled to the 1.0 bodies. I’ve already got so much other stuff to work on already though. I’m not sure by the time I got around to doing them anyone would still want them.

You're allowing yourself to be pulled in too many directions, Grasshopper. You must focus on the bare feet. Just keep repeating; baaaare feeeet, baaaare feeeet
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:42 pm

I'm actually working on several feet sets for molding right now. They are all staged at different points. I'm still making Orc Feet and Webbed Feet sets, but also working on Five other sets at this time as well. Adding the Goblin Feet will not take any time away from any other project. Because my molding takes so long to do anyway, I have time. I'm working on all this while trying to catch up on past commissions, so spare time for me is at -0. Little molding projects like these are time fillers too. Rarely are my hands idle.
zombie13
Smith

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive