Ebonhorn in Memoriam

Ebonhorn in Memoriam

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:27 pm

The purpose of this thread is to remember our dear friend and fellow toy collector Cade aka Ebonhorn. Since the original thread was a bit derailed, this one is for the soul purpose of remembering him and sharing ideas for a possible tribute to him, be it as an action figure, a custom, fun story or other memories from anyone that remembers him. Please be respectful to his memory, to his family and to each other.

Izdawiz wrote:The Four Horsemen tried to look at this thread for possible tribute ideas.

So how about it, can someone start an Ebornhorn Tribute Idea thread?

List of ideas for a tribute figure:
*In no particular order*

A Minotaur, dark colored with Black Horns. Old school boardie = Old School Tribute in the spirit of the original Minotaur FaEx figures.

Jackalope type figure using the new Goblin sized body. Cade's nickname was "Bunny" so this would be fitting. His horns should be black.

If the Minotaur idea is too close to World of Warcraft, how about a Dark Elf with Black Skin? It could come with the alternate head that comes with the Barbarian Builder 2 that's the full-closed helmet with black horns.

A cosmic Warrior made in a way like the Marvel Legends Singularity A-Force TRU Exclusive figure.

Bent Frying Pan Accessory.

Elements inspired by RoyalT's BugShido sculpt work design which is based off EDcomics art work.
RoyalT sculpt seen HERE
EDcomics artwork seen HERE

Izdawiz wrote:I will start by compiling some of my ideas:

Idea Number One -

A shield or logo inspired by this design that Ebon created.

Idea Number Two-

A translucent Cosmic Warrior with a unique paint scheme depicting the heavens.

KInd of like this:

Idea Number Three-

Naming Mythos' version of Valhalla "Cador" after Ebon.

Idea Number Four-

A Jackalope with Black Antlers inspired by Ebon's Screen Name and his nickname "Bunny." (A Bunny with Black horns)

Idea Number Five

That the Sir Ebon of Cador bio be made part of Mythic Legions Lore.

Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

Izdawiz wrote:OK, I think this might be the best idea yet.

No new tooling, just give us a new Mythic Legions Minotaur with the Xetheus color scheme. It'll have black horns and they can call it "Cade of Ebonshire" or something like that.

People have asked for a reissue of Xetheus (which we are never going to get) and this would be like reincarnating him as a tribute to Ebonhorn, who was really active on the board in the Seventh Kingdom days.

And it makes sense for the reincarnation to be beefier than the original Xetheus, since Ebonhorn was a husky guy. I have no doubt that this would be a very popular figure.

Perfect, no?

Darren wrote:A knight tribute figure could be called "Cade of house Ebonhorn".

A barbarian could be called "Cade of clan Ebonhorn".

A rabbit/bunny based tribute could be called "Cade of the Ebonhorn forest". Maybe Ebonhorn Shire?

boogieman4hire wrote:Combined with the username and the partially sculpted figure's appearance, what about a character with the minotaur neck and a new rhinoceros head that could be repainted in grey with some other figure later. The figure would be black like Torionn and have silver on all the armor pieces. Give him the Boarriors tail and either the spiky orc boots or the hooves. Make the rhino eyes red or neon green. Behold Caduss Blackhorn. But make him like a double agent infiltrating enemy lines.

beast guy wrote:Name: Baron Cadus of Ebonshire (did he have a favorite ML Faction?)
Design: His body based on his favorite ML faction, if he had one. Although I would assume a heroic knight body would be a fitting symbol of his generosity. While his helmet based on his Bushido concept.
Gear: He wields a spear with a head based on the chest-horn from RoyalT's sculpt, and protects himself with a shield based off the design shown earlier.
Mount: Baron Cadus charges into battle on the back of a giant jackalope with black antlers.

twehner31 wrote:-an ogre-scale head sculpt akin to Royalt1's Bugshido version- to me his helmet resembles a samurai helmet; that, along with the protruding horn, gives me a bit of a Japanese Oni vibe, which were akin to demons and ogres.

-an ogre-scaled Minotaur- hooves, head & neck pieces would have to be up-sized; this would offer up a truly daunting version of a Minotaur.

That said though, I feel both of those character choices would align themselves more along the evil side of things. And it seems to me that a tribute figure honoring the memory of a guy like Ebonhorn would be better suited as a kindly and trustworthy force of good. For this reason, I have to cast my vote for the Xetheus remake.

The 4H could of course offer a simple repaint using all existing parts, but, to carry the figure over the top, I think they should offer even just a one newly sculpted piece here: the armored torso piece. ML fans have been calling for a varied 1.0 armored torso even since that first Kickstarter. A tribute figure would be an amazing opportunity to showcase such a new piece. And then the piece could be re-used for new figures as well.

The new armored torso would not necessarily have mimic the Xetheus chest armor- it would just have to look cool. The 4H should have no problem there. I do realize it may cause some issues with the added Minotaur neck piece over the top of it, but I would guess these guys could find a way to make it all work.

zombie13 wrote:
EDcomics wrote:Cade Edward, Ebonhorn, is a major loss considering the history of the Four Horsemen fandom and FANtastic Exclusive. I have some thoughts on what a proper tribute figure would be like. I feel that, rather than rush to get something done, we should wait and do it right. We could try to fund a heavyset bruiser base body for Mythic Legions if the 4H are willing to make it happen. I know Ebon would get a kick out of that. It may take a long while to get it produced. Maybe it could be part of a future Kickstarter.
With this line of thinking, how about the first Minotaur sized Bruiser on the Ogre scale body?
Last edited by zombie13 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Re: Ebonhorn in Memorium

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
I apologize for posting this in this sub forum, but it's the most frequented section of the board.

This was posted today on Fwoosh by moldie13.
our Fwoosh friend Ebonhorn is dying.

from his facebook, posted yesterday-
"For those who may not know, I have cancer and been dealing with it for the past six months. It’s at a point where nothing can be done due to another medical issue. The two issues basically make it impossible to treat the other. I’m currently at home under hospice care. I’m not sure how much time I have left but they are doing all they can so that I’m comfortable."

his brother, who has granted me permission to post this, says the prognisis, as of last monday, is "weeks", but that from what he's observing it's likely to be sooner.

so, i've been trying to coordinate with people who know him and who care about him to either finance a friend to go see him either this week, or possibly next. any funds raised beyond that will go to funeral services for him. i can go myself and i can manage the time off and most of the expense of a trip, but i'm trying to find out if there might be a better Fwoosh representative or general toy collecting community representative to go than me, someone who he might rather see...

i kicked the idea around of hiring a singing telegram or one man band to go see him and provide some absurd cheer, but that puts a lot of pressure on the performer, frankly, and i'm not sure if we could find someone to do it...

his brother has said that they've had a "bucket list" conversation and Ebonhorn feels pretty happy with everything he's been able to do, which is why i'm opting for something completely out of the blue, something unique, unexpected and silly. to show him he's made an impact, that he's moved us to come together on his behalf. and frankly, i'd like to bring something memorable to his closest friends and family who are with him here at the end.

please post insights here, but if you reach out to him in person, keep this plan quiet for now. and also know, he's not very active online right now, and if you reach out, you might not get a response. don't take it personally...

and if you want to contribute something, feel free to PM me and i'll keep you in the loop of how you can help.

long live Ebonhorn.

Nov. 28th
SalemCrow wrote:Just as I was posting here, moldie posted that he was waiting at a nearby beach by Cade's house before he met up with him and his brother at 4:30 local time, when emergency vehicles went down his street.

Cade has passed on to the other side.

Rest easy, man.

---------------------------------------------------

I suggested the gofundme idea when he has to chance to actually talk with his family.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:31 pm

zombie13 wrote:I remember him from the old messageboards here. I had just thought about him last week and the custom figure made in his honor using one of the Anitherian figures I believe. I don't have a picture of it but I seem to remember it was black and used one of the Mutants from that series. Such a shame to loose anyone, I remember him being such a nice person. Thank you for the heads up Salem.

Izdawiz wrote:Well that sucks! :(

He made this for me back in the day.

and this.

zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:33 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Hopefully the Four horsemen see this and make him a tribute figure like with Raymond Wu. And just like that put some proceeds towards helping him in some way.

SalemCrow wrote:A tribute figure would be fitting, based on the history he had on the old board and the other 4H properties before Mythic Legions.

A bent frying pan would need to be an accessory.

Here's an update from moldie.
Would you pass along the update to the 4H forum that I’m flying out tomorrow and I’m planning to visit with him Wednesday? I’ll post an update when I get back...

domu wrote:Aw, man, such awful news :(

Ebonhorn was such a positive presence on the old forum. I think a tribute figure is a great idea. I hope it can happen and quickly.
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Got to say Ebonhorn already sounds perfectly like a character.

Satam wrote:I didn't know him, but I definitely know who he is. That's terrible. I know it's their job, but I hope they're making him comfortable.

Izdawiz wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:A tribute figure would be fitting, based on the history he had on the old board and the other 4H properties before Mythic Legions.

A bent frying pan would need to be an accessory.

I still have the photo reference for that.

zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Forcehunter wrote:Never had the pleasure of talking to the gentleman but he sounds like a fun guy to be around. I am sorry I will never get to meet him. My condolences to those who knew him and his family. Cancer is a terrible thing and I had to watch my mother power through it. Even though she survived it took a massive toll on her. I do not wish it on any good, gentle human being.

JamesLynch wrote:I bought a set of 1/12 scale frying pans as accessories for Minotaur the Duck in remembrance of that moment on the old board.

Izdawiz wrote:
zombie13 wrote:Wait, I thought is was SuperDad2 that bent the frying pan. How exactly did Ebonhorn fit into it again? What am I forgetting?

It was SD2 that bent the pan, but when he did it he did it for all for all us.

It might not have been Ebonhorn exactly, but SD2 is black and he was probably horny when he did it. :D
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:37 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Well I did some research and Ebonhorn is already taken by World of Warcraft. His real name is Cade.

So how about we name heaven after him? "Cador." For your consideration.

Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

I know we have someone named "Cador" already, but so far it is just the name of a person, not a place. Kind of like when people name their kid "Dallas" or "Israel" or something. Maybe he's Sir Ebon's brother or something.

As far as an accessory, I would love to see something like the logo he designed for me made into a shield. He could also be a cosmic warrior with translucent black or dark blue plastic and some glitter or something mixed in to approximate stars.
:)

Izdawiz wrote:Cador Bio:

Once a famous sellsword whose origins can be traced back to the Order of Eathyron, Cador is an accomplished ally to Attlus the Conquerer and the House of the Noble Bear. Known for his unconventional fighting tactics and his flair for showmanship, Cador was once one of the Mythoss' most coveted mercenaries. A near fatal battle with Attlus himself gave Cador pause to reflect on his lot in life. Realizing that Attlus' cause could bring him purpose, Cador has put his years of wandering behind him to fight for a greater cause.

Izdawiz wrote:Ebonhorn is incredibly generous. Do you remember when we all took up a donation so that Dayraven could get a full set of the Anitherians? It was one of the coolest moments on the old board.

Ebon stepped right up and offered to donate $100 to someone he had never even met in person (but I wouldn't let him donate that much.)

Here my email exchange with Ebonhorn (Cade.):

ME:

EBONHORN WROTE:

Hello izdawiz

You received the following message from: Ebonhorn

At: http://www.fantasticexclusive.com/fforum/

i'm in for $100 trust me
------------------

IZDAWIZ WROTE:

Don't send $100, send less. I'm capping the donations at $25 tops, so everyone who wants to contribute can contribute without putting us way over the total. If we need more later to get us there, I'll let you know, but I think we should be fine.

Thanks so much for your incredible generosity!

---------------------

EBONHORN wrote:

okay just let me know. I just kinda came into some money and felt as you do, that dayraven should have the whole set and want to do my part.

Cade
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Also I had a bunch of transactions with Ebonhorn. He helped me complete Fing Fang Foom BAF by sending me a part that I needed.

Once I remember he ended up buying a Sigma Six Dark Ninja Master (which was hard to find) from me. He had found that figure earlier but had sent it to another Board member because he thought that Boardmember wanted it even more than he did.

That's the kind of guy Ebon is. Kind, gentle and generous.

zombie13 wrote:Since he was an oldie boardie, how about another Minotaur? We already got a Black Minotaur but hoe about another darker colored one with Black Horns? Kind of a throw-back to Xetheus and the other original FanEx Minotaur figures.

Izdawiz wrote:Or they could do a Thistlehorn-sized Jackalope with black horns.

Ebonhorn's nickname is "Bunny" so it could be a Bunny with Black horns
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:39 pm

zombie13 wrote:Or if the Minotaur idea is too close to World of Warcraft, how about a Dark Elf with Black Skin? It could come with the alternate head that comes with the Barbarian Builder 2 that's the full-closed helmet with black horns.

Izdawiz wrote:
zombie13 wrote:That would require some new tooling, but cool idea nonetheless. I was thinking of something that's already tooled and readily available right now to try and help ASAP.

With the Minotaur, maybe the Horns and the Armor can be a gloss black with a different color for the skin and fur, maybe a deep purple? Give him a couple of clubbed weapons. Just throwing out ideas here.

If he only has weeks to go then he'll never see whatever it is fully realized, but maybe just knowing people are thinking about him and something is in the works could give him something to smile about in his last days.

Anyway, I really want a Jackalope now.

It's a famous mythical creature and that nobody has ever done a figure of. It captures the sense of whimsy of that other black-horned character, Minotaur the Duck.

A duck and a Jackalope make a good team right?

Izdawiz wrote:A cosmic warrior with this type of paint scheme would be super cool I think.

zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:40 pm

SalemCrow wrote:I love this spitballing guys.

I also think a variant Minotaur would be a nice callback to the old days, before this 'all encompassing' line came about.

Maybe a new shade of blue for the fur fading into a darker skin tone?

tfitz wrote:Man, my love for this board just jumped a thousandfold. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked it, but the response here is so positive.

Izdawiz wrote:
zombie13 wrote:I get that he wouldn't be around to see the final figure, but if the 4H could expedite a prototype to generate the Horsemen Fanbase with the info about Ebon like they did with the Raygorr figure, he might at least see that. For me, at this time, it's more about getting the proceeds from the preorder sales to him and his family sooner rather than later. The figure would just be a lasting tribute. The financial aspect of it happening sooner rather than later is my main focus for suggesting parts that already exist right now.

I was just thinking about this as just a tribute rather than as a fundraiser or a charitable endeavor.

Does anyone know if his family actually needs money, or is that just assumed?
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:43 pm

skeletom wrote:I'm rather new around here and never had any interactions with him but I am very sorry to hear about this.

Izdawiz wrote:
zombie13 wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:I was just thinking about this as just a tribute rather than as a fundraiser or a charitable endeavor.

Does anyone know if his family actually needs money, or is that just assumed?

I'm not sure. Maybe moldie13 will have more info after his trip? Salem, can you keep us updated if you find out anything else?

He's asking for "something completely out of the blue, something unique, unexpected and silly. to show him he's made an impact, that he's moved us to come together on his behalf" which doesn't sound like Ebonhorn or his family are asking for or trying to raise money.

That's why I think trying to think of a tribute of some sort (like a figure in his honor) would be more appropriate than trying to cobble together some sort of fundraiser that Ebon didn't ask for and he may not even need.

SalemCrow wrote:From moldie last night.
If someone can tell the 4H gang that I’ll talk to his brother about how folks can help with his service or outstanding medical bills. We haven’t talked about that yet...
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Sector1014 wrote:I'm loving all these ideas. Would be great if something got put together fast enough that he was able to see it.

SalemCrow wrote:I agree that IF his brother and family could use some support, a gofundme would be the best way to do that.

Leave any potential figure as a tribute to Cade and his fandom/participation in this community for all those years, and all the lives he touched while here.

Izdawiz wrote:
SalemCrow wrote:Just as I was posting here, moldie posted that he was waiting at a nearby beach by Cade's house before he met up with him and his brother at 4:30 local time, when emergency vehicles went down his street.

Cade has passed on to the other side.

Damn!!! :( :shock: :(

Reading this felt like a punch in the gut, even though it was completely expected... :cry:
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Izdawiz wrote:Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

Sector1014 wrote:Man, this sucks.

I love the idea of a Sir Ebon tribute, or something like it. Some sort of tribute that matches the kinds of things he liked.

you_will_forget wrote:I didn't overly know the guy, but I remember the screenname from the old boards. I was in a bad place mentally and didn't really participate, but I was around. He seemed like a good guy, especially reading what people have put up here.

Jo
who only has empty words

boogieman4hire wrote:This is terrible and heart wrenching and frustrating news. My thoughts go out to this man.
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:48 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:Sir Ebon of Cador was a gentle soul who fought bravely and was loved by all. When the end came, his soul ascended to Cador, a land in the afterlife where only the most heroic and virtuous warriors go. It is said that whenever a warrior falls bravely in battle, a horn will sound in Cador and Sir Ebon will be here to welcome them. Together they walk across green Elysium fields toward a Great Hall where they can embrace the comrades who fell before them and feast on exquisite food and fine wine.

iz, from moldie.
I just had the opportunity to read that to his brother. They invited me over to spend some time grieving and reflecting. They are absolutely, tremendously appreciative to know of the support he’s had from the toy collecting community.

He's been reading this thread, but hasn't been able to get his account confirmed (weird, I know ;) ).
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:49 pm

zombie13 wrote:I've been searching furiously for any picture of that old custom make in Ebonhorn's name using one of the figures from the 7th Kingdom Elephant (or variants) figures. I know I remember it, but I just can't find it. I did find a couple of links to EDcomics Deviant art with art work made in his name as well as another account. These were a part of someone else's creative project called Bugshido. Both images are credited to EDcomics.

EDcomics Deviant art
https://www.deviantart.com/edcomics/art ... n-85790553

Bugshido Devian tart
https://www.deviantart.com/bugshido/art ... -109815210

My heart goes out to his family. I've not lost a sibling, but a best friend as close as a brother. I've lost a father all too early. It's never easy loosing someone you love before you think it should be their time to go. If they do get to read this, stay strong. Know that even though many of us may not have known him personally, he has touched so many peoples lives through his kindness towards others, even if only through the screen we all stare at. It's all too easy to forget that we are dealing with other actual live people though the words and ideas we all share through the internet. It's easy to get carried away and not care what we do or say through the internet, but there are some that never forget and treat others with respect as if they were right there in front of them. Though I did not know him personally nor ever get to meet him, I never saw him disrespect anyone online. And though he disappeared and didn't post here for a long period, he will be missed.

Izdawiz wrote:Yeah, those were amazing. Part of Gatcha's Bugshido project.

I don't remember a custom, but didn't someone start a sculpt. Maybe a Mr. Tolman from Utah?

Izdawiz wrote:Gatchagrey would know.

I think the sculptor went by Royal T

Also this may be Gatcha's pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/354025220685168669/
zombie13
Smith

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive