Heads for Customs

Heads for Customs

Postby Garnik » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm

I've seen some crazy good custom head sculpts here, on Instagram as well as on the Fwoosh forums. They're hard to acquire... as I'm sure many of you know - and for those of us who have yet to master the art of painting eyes raw casts aren't a feasible option. So I put it to you - the Legions of Mythos - what retail heads do you recommend for customs? What have you used in the past or what are you currently hunting for?

Here are a few that I've used and a few I am wondering about/considering
MOTU Classics (as most of us have already)
Princess of Power
Marvel Legends: Which would you recommend? Does the average head size (say a Black Panther unmasked head) work or is it just the BAF sizes that fit?
WWE: I have no knowledge about these - do they all share the same ball and socket size?
Danger Girl: these are a little dated and the faces are stylized but does anyone have them on hand and able to do a size check?
DC Universe Classics: other than the latest figures that share the MOTU buck - would a regular head scale with the Mythic Legions?

I've collected Marvel Legends and DCUC for some time now but my collection is in storage... and most of it is in another country entirely so I'm depending on the kindness of "strangers" to do some of this footwork for me. Plus I'm plain 'ol curious to see what you guys have tucked away for fodder.
Garnik
Bronze Grunt

Re: Heads for Customs

Postby bigbeltz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:06 am

Marvel Legends and DCUC heads would be too small for sure. You'd have better luck with Marvel Select heads (or custom casts of Marvel Select heads on eBay).
bigbeltz

Postby bigbeltz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 am

Sorry, I didn't see initially that custom casts wouldn't be an option for you.
bigbeltz

Postby zombie13 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:11 am

Some marvel legends do come with some large nogins. I’ve used the Sentry head for my “not Drizzt” and it looks good. I’m actually thinking of using that head on the 2.0 body and it looks just as good. There are other large Marvel Legends nogins our ygere. The Submariner has a couple.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby bigbeltz » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:15 am

Is Sentry on the Hyperion buck? I can see anything on that body working on Mythic Legions. Anything else is gonna be iffy.
bigbeltz

Postby skeletom » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:20 am

The Neca Valerian, Laureline head works beautifully on the 2.0 females (knights especially as it doesn't match any skin tones) with just a bit of dremmeling! It's in the 7" scale, not 9" as it often gets advertised. :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:24 am

skeletom wrote:The Neca Valerian, Laureline head works beautifully on the 2.0 females (knights especially as it doesn't match any skin tones) with just a bit of dremmeling! It's in the 7" scale, not 9" as it often gets advertised. :D

Wow, that's awesome. The Laureline head is beautiful (hated the film, but I have the figure prominently displayed).

I wish I hadn't traded away an extra, although I have no ability to dremel at all.
jscott991
Bronze Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive