4H's Next Kickstarter/Expectation, Speculations,&Aspirations

4H's Next Kickstarter/Expectation, Speculations,&Aspirations

Postby boogieman4hire » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:01 am

Thoughts on the Mythic Legions Hessian Hordes Kickstarter series( not an actual name or anything official)? What will it include. What do you think it will include and what do you hope it will include. Are we going to be needing our first ever pooper scooper in figure form with this eventually coming onslaught of horses? Will we get a centaur to go with our minotaurs, fauns, and Cyclops? Will it look like John C. Reilly from that one daydream in Stepbrothers? Is this a better place to waste time arguing about kickstarter vs preorder than the Siege at Bjorngar topic is. Probably. By the way calling it now but yes Arethyr will be in this one.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Re: 4H's Next Kickstarter/Expectation, Speculations,&Aspirat

Postby Visionary » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:16 am

I like that this is NOT another wishlist thread ;)

The ONE thing I want and expect to see are WIZARDS,Sorcerers,Witches,Warlocks,Spell Casters,Alchemists,Conjurers,Mages, Mystics,Seers,Oracles,Necromancers,Magicians or whatever else you want to call them as long as magic is involved and we get at least the archetypical Wizard character that we have seen in books,movies,and myths for almost 1000 years.

Merlin
Gandalf
Kelek
Saruman
Green Wizards
Blue Wizards
Dark Wizards
Dead Wizards
Wizards

If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Visionary » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 am

I’d also love to see

Saurians/Lizard Men

Insectoid Warriors

Everything else is gravy baby.
Thieves
Assassins
Healers
Clerics
Bards
Rangers

Maybe even a Sauntaur

Imagelightshot
Last edited by Visionary on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Jundie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:34 am

Great Question(s).

I am hoping/expecting 1.0 part expansion with 18 figures that incorporate:
18-20 heads (plus 8 more hidden for mini waves)
4 pauldrons
4-5 torsos (if they do not give us some kind of skeleton torso I making one myself)
4-5 feet
4-5 arms
4-5 thighs
4-5 loin clothes
4-5 Folds/waist armor
4-5 wrists
4-5 sets of hands
Expecting 1-2 new races such as Snake/Lizard men maybe stone men (SURPRISE ME).
4 Named/Champion/Villain Horses (Pretty Sure they already stated that all four of the "Horsemen" were being released in this wave?)
2 Legion Builder Horses (color)

I would like to see about 6 figures with some 2.0 part expansion as well.

Overall I would like the wave to be smaller in the number of figures. Around 20-24 figures plus 6-8 horses, but with considerable more parts to share. I wold love a Bear Mount! Personally, I feel like the next direction is less named figures and more individual parts. More unique parts with a lower number of figures will increase the health of the line. I think KS 2.0 gave us a lot of heads and a lot of parts but to many figures. I have no idea how the molds work. But I am sure they have come up with some creative ways to utilize them for the mini waves. My suggestion would be to have some of the legion builders have unique parts in the KS that you can use for named characters in the mini waves. No one can predict down turns in the economy but it is likely more than not that this will be the last KS before the next recession. I would invest heavily in unique parts that can carry you through a longer series of mini waves. But for the love of everything Holy............no gnomes. Centaur would be awesome as well.
Feel free to email me: wrpost@gmail.com
Jundie

Postby Visionary » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:40 am

A Skeletal Horse too and I’m done wishing.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby Havoc » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:02 am

Not quite a skeleton horse but close enough: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/83270
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby skeletom » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:13 pm

My hope is just to be able to afford everything I want from the next Kickstarter. I expect there will be some amazing stuff and that it will be a blast for me to see the reveals as they get unlocked! I would speculate that since I loved the last one, I'll love this one, too! :D
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Ziero01 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:22 pm

I'm thinking 4-5 new builds is a bit too hopeful for what we'll actually get. Honestly, I'll be surprised to see 1 or 2 entirely new builds (one per body type) this time around and will honestly just be happy with new accessories and heads. Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see a leather 1.0 torso or a bare male 2.0 chest or some new cloth pants or chainmail arms and so forth, I just don't think this KS will have that much focus on individual figures.

We'll see new heads, maybe some new character specific parts for the Evil Gods (i.e. Arethyr's pauldrons), hopefully some new 1.0 Legion Builders (1.0 Steel knight?) and a lot of Horse stuff.

And again, because I will push this until it actually happens or I'm thrown out of the forums, I would really love to see new belts/straps/harnesses and the like. Stuff that goes over the armor and faulds the figures already use, but with details and accessories and proper weapon storage. A simple leather looking belt with a nice big buckle or knot that can pop right over the fauld armor with a sword frog built right in would be an amazing addition to the line. An over the shoulder Baludric that could hold the Large Sword or some barbarian harnesses like the Ogres get except with storage for large weapons on the back. Just any kind of overlay "webgear" for these knights and orcs and soldiers that can add to their looks and help carry their gear.

It seems to be the most common "custom" people do, steal a belt from another figure and pop it onto a Legions, and every time it just works and looks amazing. Hell, the 2.0 figures can even use the belts that came from the Raven's line and it's a great addition. Make it a stretch goal accessory set so this way production of these parts are covered all on their own and it gives people the option to buy multiples of it to arm all their previous Legions. Overlay gear is a simple but highly effective way to breath new life into fairly overused molds, and is something that would be of great benefit to this line.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:19 pm

I kind of hope that Arethyr is the only evil deity being sold during the kickstarter though because they're most definitely going to be expensive and I want them all but couldn't get each at once. I'm sure Arethyr would be sold as a deluxe because of his wings but he also has lots of new and very large parts to his armor which could possibly make him more expensive....though I think the 4H have been pretty generous with the price like the ogres. I thought those suckers would be in like the 60s. Either way he'd at least be $45 single or $43 considering that slightly reduced KS price. In the My Wife Is Going To Kill Me Podcast Cornboy talks about potential pricing for horses with a standard horse being $35 and fully tacked/kitted being like $50. The one shown with Arethyr seems pretty decked out with stuff and I assume it will be sold together with Arethyr and that gear. So I think a set of the 2 would be like $90.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby BoBoJango » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:20 pm

I would like a Centaur, Wizard Body with wizard weapon pack (potion, spell books etc.), and then attachment for the 1.0 and 2.0 chainmail limbs, leather limbs , new heads etc.
BoBoJango
Silver Grunt

Postby beast guy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:42 pm

It is safe to say Arethyr is a given as is at least one unicorn. Centaurs and skeletal steeds are also likely. Although the latter two might just be wishful thinking on my part. The real question is how far will it go. Will we see bears, wolves, lions, and eagles?

My more realistic side sees this set up.

Horses- This one goes without saying.

Unicorns- Legends of elves and unicorns line up together. Let's not forget dark unicorns for dark elves and corrupted unicorns for vampires.

Donkeys- Small, stubborn, and hardy makes them perfect mounts for dwarfs.

Skeletal steeds- Because the undead need mounts too.

Pegasi- Fits well with Greek and Norse elements in the line.

My hopeful side wants these.

Bears- They are already built into the mythos.

Boars- As if donkeys aren't stubborn enough.

Rams- Peeling an onion? Nah, crack the nut. Break their shield wall... and their arms. Then send the boar riders in.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby boogieman4hire » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:51 pm

With them going into items for mythic legions that aren't weapons as seen here on Arethyr's horse with the rolled up blanket what if they started making accessory sets specifically Mythic Rations. Sets with a bunch of big ol meat drumsticks with bone handles big enough to wield them like clubs, salted pork for the dwarves, spit roasted rabbits and other things, transparent plastic mead and ale in bigass wooden tankards, and a kettle of fish. I doubt all of this ever happening but I definitely would buy that.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby TheToyDoc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:39 am

Here’s a timing speculation, I bet we don’t see this Kickstarter go live until the summer. As in it’ll be running during SDCC..
TheToyDoc
Apprentice

Postby garyl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:01 am

I like the little bunny head on the front of his collar. It's that attention to detail that keeps me coming back.
garyl
Golden Grunt

Postby twehner31 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:15 pm

TheToyDoc wrote:Here’s a timing speculation, I bet we don’t see this Kickstarter go live until the summer. As in it’ll be running during SDCC..

I think you’ve nailed the timing.
Guessing the 4H will have another pre-order then this spring- gotta see that Vampire Brute released sometime.
twehner31
Bronze Grunt

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive