The Unofficial FanEx Extra Edition - Ravaena

The Unofficial FanEx Extra Edition - Ravaena

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:30 pm

So a little time has passed, most everyone has their figures and this AOD Kickstarter has come and gone. BUT IT'S NOT QUITE OVER YET! Love her or Hate her, Ravaena was the winner of the last FanEx round of voting. There were a lot of opinions shared and in that spirit, I'd like to continue that if we could. I've been busy working on my next wave of projects and this one is ready to reveal.

Here's the figure we all voted on, whether it's what you wanted or not...

And here she is with added ears and sculpted hair...

Here is what you get when you remove the head from the hood.

So, you've made it this far in. Right? I took the liberty of deciding to sculpt short hair because lets face it, we could probably all come up with reasons for what length of hair she "could" have. I chose short for a couple of reasons. First, we didn't get any short haired ladies aside from Gadriel. Second, being the type of character Ravaena is described as, I thought short hair would be best suited for her. I always thought Gwendolynne Hevensbrand would have looked good with a short haired head, but that's not the direction the Horsemen went with. SO, what I would like for everyone interested in this little project I'm calling "The Unofficial FanEx Extra Edition" is to discuss and provide ideas on what her hair color should be. Since the fans voted on just about everything else on her, I figured this would be a fun little extra thing to do. Lets face it, the boards are a little slow right now. We could use something to do. Pictures of hair colors are welcomed. At first, I was just going to paint it black and call it a day, but I thought it would be fun to include everyone on this one, just like a round of voting during the Kickstarter. We could come up with suggestions and narrow it down and do a vote some time after. I do plan on casting these. Since I've added ears and sculpted hair to the head, I figure the Horsemen wouldn't have a problem with it. This is not something they are working on, it's pretty much just me alone. I figured this fun little extra could be run just by the Fans.

Just for reference in the pictures you see above, the hair is a light grey color. This is only about my third time sculpting hair, so...yeah, there's that.

Anyway, so lets get this ball rolling people! Lets see some ideas!
Last edited by zombie13 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Re: FanEx Extra Edition - Ravaena

Postby skeletom » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:07 pm

Very cool, bro! I would vote for a dark brown to black hair color. :D I also would have personally chosen a long ponytail for the hair but you did a great job with the short hair sculpt!
skeletom
Bronze Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Make her a Raven-haired beauty. I vote Black.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:34 pm

After seeing this I change my vote to blue. :D

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby naugem » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:10 pm

Good work!
With the short white hair she looks a bit like Evil-Lyn.
I vote black.
naugem
Golden Grunt

Postby Ideal » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:27 pm

black with blue highlights maybe. like one of the DCUC superman figures
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Looks like Black is a popular suggestion. I had thought about black with blue highlights as well. I've also considered a base coat of black leading into a deep purple then finished with blue highlights. Keep those suggestions and ideas coming!

I won't have any painted examples until I can mold and cast this head. The original is already under the mold builder as I type this. In the mean time, we can discuss colors and such. Once some of the more popular colors are obvious, I'll try to have some painted up just like EDcomics would do with the other rounds of voting. It won't be for about a couple of weeks before I will have the first cast made, so spread the word and get people to come back and come up with ideas. This is "Unofficial" so it's nothing that the Horsemen are doing. This is all Fan Run on this one. ;)
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby boogieman4hire » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Orange. Bright screaming neon orange. :D
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:16 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:Orange. Bright screaming neon orange. :D

You jest, but I actually do have a screaming neon orange.
zombie13
Smith

Re: The Unofficial FanEx Extra Edition - Ravaena

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:36 pm

I'm a big fan of short, platinum blond hair, so I like it as-is.

I guess I never peaked under the hood on Ravaena. I didn't realize her eyebrows were so Vulcan-esque.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 am

I was very close to giving her pointed ears. But kept it simple and human instead. Ultimately, I can paint the hair whatever any one individual prefers. I just thought it would be fun to see what the Majority of people might lean towards. I can do colors outside of "normal." I've even got "Pearl" paints, Classic Pearl and Ivory Pearl. I have metallic paints and of course normal standard colors that can be mixed to make just about any shade or tone.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Angohtar » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:46 am

I love the short hair sculpt. As for color, I agree with what others have said. Black, or black with dark blue highlights, would look great and suit her name.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby Garnik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Those ears look awesome! I love the hair sculpt too. If you're going to offer casts with custom paint apps then I'll be in line for those but just to throw in my two cents I love the white/pearl idea for the hair.
Garnik
Bronze Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:18 pm

I can definitely paint heads whatever colors anyone is interested in. If you want her to have another type of skin tone, no problem. Different eye color, sure. Unibrow, hey, whatever tickles your pickle. But for the "Unofficial Standard" one it will be whatever majority decides.
zombie13
Smith

Postby Ideal » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 am

yeah, im definitely gonna be down for one now that I think about it. and I actually think the white might look best for what I have in mind, but i'll leave that option open until I see what you've got rolling. Maybe a redhead...
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Next

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive