Undead horses for Mythic Legions?

Undead horses for Mythic Legions?

Postby ReallyBigKid » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:00 pm

I’d say it will be a long time until we get mounts like giant, evil wolves. We know the horses are coming and the one we’ve seen already is amazing. I’m hoping that the 4HM could make undead horse with the use of a few changes to the figure they have already shown. Something for our skeletons and vampires to ride. The undead horse would require the additional sculpt of a horse skull to replace the current horse head and perhaps a torn trapper with a rib cage sculpted into some of the holes to look like the beast’s bones are showing through. The trapper would have to be in at least 2 parts so that the neck didn’t lose articulation. The neck part would plug into where the mane in is.
A trapper is sort of a horse blanket that one might see on a knight’s steed.

Any thoughts?

ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Re: Undead horses for Mythic Legions?

Postby boogieman4hire » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:48 pm

I enjoy that second one without the blanket. The skull itself makes it very effective.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Satam » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 am

I don't think there'd be a chance for any parts reuse from the regular horse, but I want full-on skeleton horses.
Satam
Bronze Grunt

Postby ReallyBigKid » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 am

Satam wrote:I don't think there'd be a chance for any parts reuse from the regular horse, but I want full-on skeleton horses.

I understand, but a full skeleton horse would be limited in what all it's sculpted parts could be used for. The only way Mythic Legions works is that the limited parts are used for many different figures.
ReallyBigKid
Bronze Apprentice

Postby Visionary » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:22 pm

ReallyBigKid wrote:I’d say it will be a long time until we get mounts like giant, evil wolves. We know the horses are coming and the one we’ve seen already is amazing. I’m hoping that the 4HM could make undead horse with the use of a few changes to the figure they have already shown. Something for our skeletons and vampires to ride. The undead horse would require the additional sculpt of a horse skull to replace the current horse head and perhaps a torn trapper with a rib cage sculpted into some of the holes to look like the beast’s bones are showing through. The trapper would have to be in at least 2 parts so that the neck didn’t lose articulation. The neck part would plug into where the mane in is.
A trapper is sort of a horse blanket that one might see on a knight’s steed.

Any thoughts?

WOW RBK!!! That’s what I’ve been begging to see for YEARS! The second one is almost perfect! I agree with some rib cage showing as well.And if these are to represent the Horsemen in some way then I totally expect to see this version made for one of the other 3 Riders.I’d buy 6 easy.I’d still like a Skeletal Horse one day too if possible.
War*
Decay
Conquest
Death
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby boogieman4hire » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:38 pm

Well I could see the four horsemen making at least three skeletons horses feasibly. One for Necronomicus, one standard skeleton horse legion builder, and one ghost horse. Then maybe something crazy like an undead centaur.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ideal » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 am

with as popular as the skeletons have seemed to be, I have to believe skeleton horses will be a thing also.

can't have your undead army riding living horses, right?
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Havoc » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:02 am

I still like this sculpt or something similar and it would basically only require a new head and neck.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/83270
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby beast guy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:29 pm

I know they said tack will be separate, but does that mean horses with sculpted barding are out of the question? If not, skeletal warhorses could very well get their own model, with a shared torso of course.
beast guy
Platinum Grunt

Postby Darren » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:56 pm

I really like the idea of a Skeleton horse. I imagine that articulation would be an issue with a full skeleton. Maybe a half decomposed undead horse. Reuse the basic horse body and add a new head and legs. The saddle would hide most of the body.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Wasn't there a Skeletal horse mount for the Skeleton Warriors line years ago? I'd love to see the horsemen take a crack at Skeletal Horses.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive