Sword Horsemen shipping yet? Yes. Yes they are.

Re: Sword Horsemen shipping yet?

Postby Angohtar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Yay, I got my two swords horsemen! Such a cool design.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:22 pm

zombie13 wrote:
JamesLynch wrote:
worldwar_hulk wrote:Package arrived today. Such an awesome sword.

Still wonder what the mistake swords looked like, that happened just before these ones arrived.

I kinda don't care what they look like. I just want one. :mrgreen:

They looked the same, they're just coated in a sealant that's a little too thick and gloppy but can melt under moderate lighting. And is poisonous.

They also taste like cherry cough syrup. I HATE cherry flavor anything and specifically asked the guys NOT to make it in that flavor. It's the only customer service issue I've ever had with the Horsemen.

Not even a vanilla ice cream float made with cherry Dr. Pepper? Only heathens and heretics don't like that.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Re: Sword Horsemen shipping yet? Yes. Yes they are.

Postby zombie13 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Yeah. No. I don’t like Dr.Pepper either. But I’ve had to give up caffeine all together. Ever since October last year with a bad bought of kidney stones I’ve stopped drinking coffee and cafinated drinks cold turkey.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby Spongyblue » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Yowsa, that sucks. I hope you are getting good results. I think I would turn into a crazy, woods dwelling wild man if I couldnt get my morning coffee. Sweet ambrosia of the gods it is.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:05 pm

Yeah. I'm fine. That temptation for coffee happens for like a split second, and then I remember the pain and being at the Hospital in and out of consciousness. Yeah, I'd rather just not drink it at all no thank you. Water and no artificial sweeteners for me, all the way.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby Izdawiz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:38 pm

Got my 10 Sword Horsemens!! They make a cameo 9:05 into this video where I give a shout out to Zombie13. :)

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:21 am

Awe. Thanks for the shoutout Iz. It’s great that we can have that kind of community and share ideas like the sword and actually have it made. You played an important role in the process too. And holy hell that mask is awesome. Such a cool idea. I looked her up and she’s got some great masks. Very cool. How are you thinking of having it painted? Realistic, stone carving or something else? Please share once it’s finished. So awesome!
zombie13
Smith

Postby boogieman4hire » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:42 am

Izdawiz wrote:Got my 10 Sword Horsemens!! They make a cameo 9:05 into this video where I give a shout out to Zombie13. :)

I enjoyed this video. Goodwill has some super crazy shit sometimes. But that Batman honestly beats anything I've ever found. I love buying vhs's there. Four for a dollar not bad. I'm always on the lookout for the movie Cabin Boy.
boogieman4hire
Platinum Grunt

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:49 pm

zombie13 wrote:Awe. Thanks for the shoutout Iz. It’s great that we can have that kind of community and share ideas like the sword and actually have it made. You played an important role in the process too. And holy hell that mask is awesome. Such a cool idea. I looked her up and she’s got some great masks. Very cool. How are you thinking of having it painted? Realistic, stone carving or something else? Please share once it’s finished. So awesome!

I'm not sure how I'm gonna have it painted. I could go all black. Or gold. Or maybe Jaguar spots. Or maybe something multi-colored and crazy like the one she has on her site. Gotta run this by my friends with painting talent and see what they think.
Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby Izdawiz » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:52 pm

boogieman4hire wrote:
Izdawiz wrote:Got my 10 Sword Horsemens!! They make a cameo 9:05 into this video where I give a shout out to Zombie13. :)

I enjoyed this video. Goodwill has some super crazy shit sometimes. But that Batman honestly beats anything I've ever found. I love buying vhs's there. Four for a dollar not bad. I'm always on the lookout for the movie Cabin Boy.

I found the cornerstone of my collection there. I got a girl's castle bed headboard, which I painted with faux rock and it's a permanent part of my display. It's about 5 feet high and 4 foot long.

Izdawiz
Bronzesmith

Postby zombie13 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:09 am

worldwar_hulk wrote:Package arrived today. Such an awesome sword.

Still wonder what the mistake swords looked like, that happened just before these ones arrived.

I kinda don't care what they look like. I just want one. :mrgreen:

HERE’S YOUR ANSWER!

You wanted to know what the “Paint Error” Swordhorsemen looked like and here it is! Yes I actually have it. Yes I have the ok to show you guys this. More pictures and info on my Instagram at zombie13.customs.

zombie13
Smith

Postby Darren » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi guys. The blade on sword horseman is way too silver IMO. I want to make it darker. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would dry brushing or a wash work best? Could you suggest a good brand of paint for that sort of thing?
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby christianpyro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:52 pm

I haven't got my missing Sword Horsemens yet. I emailed the 4H about them when I first got my Kickstarter package without them. Should I be worried and email them again, or do you think they are still processing these missing orders?
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Darren wrote:Hi guys. The blade on sword horseman is way too silver IMO. I want to make it darker. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would dry brushing or a wash work best? Could you suggest a good brand of paint for that sort of thing?

Testors Model Master Acrylics. If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area, look in the Modeling section. Make sure it's acrylic paint and not enamel. Pick up some Steal and Flat Black. For a darker blade like the ones found on Vorgus or the Barbarian Builder set, I go with a mix of 5 to 1. Here is how I mix my colors. I use toothpicks and dip them in the jar and in a little water bottle cap or something similar count out 5 drops of Steal then do the same thing for the Black by 1 drop. Mix them and start painting. Use a good soft brush too, nothing with plastic bristles. Get some good quality paint brushes and you'll never regret it. If you feel you need more of that color, use 10 drops of Steal and 2 drops of the Black. When I do a paint match, I put some of that color on a sheet of paper and write down the mix ratio and what figure it was used on so I can come back to it at any time. That's pretty much it.
zombie13
Smith

Postby zombie13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:38 pm

christianpyro wrote:I haven't got my missing Sword Horsemens yet. I emailed the 4H about them when I first got my Kickstarter package without them. Should I be worried and email them again, or do you think they are still processing these missing orders?

I would go ahead and send a reminder message. I'm not sure about their record keeping, but it wouldn't hurt to give them another message just in case.
zombie13
Smith

Previous

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive