WASTELAND WAVE

Re: WASTELAND WAVE

Postby Ziero01 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:22 pm

I don't use any social media so all of my updates come from the Newsletter. It's pretty consistent, especially when it comes to release dates and timelines, so they're just advertising it to new people who've come for the current sale. Of all their ways to announce news, I feel the Newsletter is the best source of info because it's not something you have to go digging or looking for.

Also, I kinda wish they released Argemedes during the first run of the Ogre scale. If they had I easily would have picked him over the giant Orc character. But now that I already purchased said Orc, it puts a damper on my use of Argemedes. One giant Ogre would have been enough for me, but two, and in the same faction no less, just kind of feels off. With the recent update, I now know how much time I have to mull it over, but that Cyclops is just too nice looking to pass up.
Ziero01
Platinum Grunt

Postby dragonsleeper » Wed May 01, 2019 9:42 pm

I want all except Cassia but for 5 bucks she's great value in an All In purchase, I'll just put Gwendolyn's head on her. :D
dragonsleeper
Standard Grunt

Postby Havoc » Thu May 02, 2019 6:37 am

Ziero01 wrote:

Also, I kinda wish they released Argemedes during the first run of the Ogre scale. If they had I easily would have picked him over the giant Orc character. But now that I already purchased said Orc, it puts a damper on my use of Argemedes. One giant Ogre would have been enough for me, but two, and in the same faction no less, just kind of feels off. With the recent update, I now know how much time I have to mull it over, but that Cyclops is just too nice looking to pass up.

I'm of the same mind and would have had the cyclops as my only ogre scale figure. But to me the faction part doesn't matter quite as much. I see Argemedes as a stand alone figure, who would take on orcs, goblins and skeletons as quick as he would a knight or elf. My big problem with the ogre scale is the reuse of the body, For some reason this is not as noticeable on the standard sized figures and trolls to me. Maybe it's because of how unique the waist piece is on these larger figures. I did order him and I think it would be a big regret for you if you pass on him.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:54 am

dragonsleeper wrote:I want all except Cassia but for 5 bucks she's great value in an All In purchase, I'll just put Gwendolyn's head on her. :D

Do you think the skin tones match?

If I had to guess, I would say yes, but Mythic Legions used a wide variety of skin tones in the AoD wave (Gwen, Delphina, and Ravaena, for example, are all different).
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby mignash » Fri May 03, 2019 2:32 am

It would be nice if they focused on making sure every faction had an ogre scale figure.

So far we know of 5 orge scale figures... are 3 are in the Legion of Arethyr, 4 are bad guys.

How about a heroic Werelion with the Army or a Golem for the Convocation?
mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby dragonsleeper » Fri May 03, 2019 7:43 am

jscott991 wrote:
dragonsleeper wrote:I want all except Cassia but for 5 bucks she's great value in an All In purchase, I'll just put Gwendolyn's head on her. :D

Do you think the skin tones match?

If I had to guess, I would say yes, but Mythic Legions used a wide variety of skin tones in the AoD wave (Gwen, Delphina, and Ravaena, for example, are all different).

It looks like it matches or close but it won't bother me if it doesn't exactly match, like real life :D
dragonsleeper
Standard Grunt

Postby Angohtar » Fri May 03, 2019 7:53 am

mignash wrote:It would be nice if they focused on making sure every faction had an ogre scale figure.

So far we know of 5 orge scale figures... are 3 are in the Legion of Arethyr, 4 are bad guys.

A heroic ogre-scale minotaur would be a knockout slam-dunk in my opinion.
Angohtar
Bronze Grunt

Postby mignash » Fri May 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Angohtar wrote:
mignash wrote:It would be nice if they focused on making sure every faction had an ogre scale figure.

A heroic ogre-scale minotaur would be a knockout slam-dunk in my opinion.

Make it a ogre scale bronze minotaur as a nod to Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger.
mignash
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Sat May 04, 2019 12:30 pm

I didn't like the 1.0 shoulders on Thumpp when I first saw him. They are starting to grow on me. It would be nice if he also came with a set of 2.0 shoulders.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Forcehunter » Sat May 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Just placed my order for 2x Thummp, 2x Cyclops and a dwarf.
Forcehunter
Standard Grunt

Postby Havoc » Mon May 13, 2019 6:35 am

Darren wrote:I didn't like the 1.0 shoulders on Thumpp when I first saw him. They are starting to grow on me. It would be nice if he also came with a set of 2.0 shoulders.

Probably needed the larger shoulder armor to bulk him up. He looks to be a big goblin. Wonder if they thought about using the dwarf body like they did for Gronnx? Not sure how that would look with a head that's not completely helmeted.
Havoc
Silver Grunt

Postby you_will_forget » Mon May 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Got mine in. Fairly subdued, an all-in plus an extra Purrrplor because I Have To Have anything with an orc head. I might try to find a spare cloak to make him a stealth orc scout.

Jo
who's frustrated with himself as he can't seem to push past and get the rest of his figures up on display
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Darren » Mon May 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Havoc wrote:
Darren wrote:I didn't like the 1.0 shoulders on Thumpp when I first saw him. They are starting to grow on me. It would be nice if he also came with a set of 2.0 shoulders.

Probably needed the larger shoulder armor to bulk him up. He looks to be a big goblin. Wonder if they thought about using the dwarf body like they did for Gronnx? Not sure how that would look with a head that's not completely helmeted.

I think that I would have preferred the Dwarf buck. It's not a deal breaker for me though.
Darren
Platinum Grunt

Postby Ideal » Tue May 14, 2019 6:18 am

May 24th is day 2 of the only convention I go to every year, so I'm not really gonna know how much I can dedicate to the preorder until I see how those first 2 days of the convention are going. If they extend the preorder like they have in the past, I'll have no issue dedicating any leftover convention funds to so figures.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby Visionary » Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am

Just put an in my order today. 2 All Ins and an extra Argemedes Cyclops.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive