Removing Arms and Legs, Etc.: Knight Builder Question

Removing Arms and Legs, Etc.: Knight Builder Question

Postby jscott991 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 am

I bought a couple of deluxe Knight Builders from the AoD wave and I am a little wary of putting her together. I've only ever removed a head from a Mythic Legions figure.

How do you take the arms, legs, and other things off in order to use the alternate torso that comes in the pack?
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Re: Removing Arms and Legs, Etc.: Knight Builder Question

Postby Ideal » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 am

jscott991 wrote:I bought a couple of deluxe Knight Builders from the AoD wave and I am a little wary of putting her together. I've only ever removed a head from a Mythic Legions figure.

How do you take the arms, legs, and other things off in order to use the alternate torso that comes in the pack?

I don't have any experience with the builders, but I snatched the arms off of Azza when I got her the other week to try the "official" method of putting the cape on. I had no trouble getting her arms off or putting them back on with simply pulling on them.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Ideal wrote:I don't have any experience with the builders, but I snatched the arms off of Azza when I got her the other week to try the "official" method of putting the cape on. I had no trouble getting her arms off or putting them back on with simply pulling on them.

Wait, the "official" method of attaching the caps involves removing the arms? When was this established?
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby jscott991 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:47 pm

There is a thread about the capes that I started:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2646

I don't know what the official method is. The capes are really a huge letdown. They look great in the photos, but are impossible to work with.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Gowron » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:15 pm

jscott991 wrote:I bought a couple of deluxe Knight Builders from the AoD wave and I am a little wary of putting her together. I've only ever removed a head from a Mythic Legions figure.

I always use Hot sink water to remove parts, so as to not put any stress on the pegs and risk tearing. Also more likely for the joints to remain tight this way. And when you reassemble just heat the female sections and leave the male peg sections unheated and hard (i'm not trying to sound perverted).
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby Gowron » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:17 pm

jscott991 wrote:There is a thread about the capes that I started:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2646

I don't know what the official method is. The capes are really a huge letdown. They look great in the photos, but are impossible to work with.

Also, if you follow my directions in that thread your capes will look just like the ones in the photos
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Postby jscott991 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm

This wasn't easy to do. I should have used more heat, but I think she's together.

This Deluxe Knight, though, was in pretty crappy shape. Very loose leg joints. Way looser than my Ravaena, who I thought was bad.
jscott991
Silver Grunt

Postby Gowron » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:05 am

jscott991 wrote:This wasn't easy to do. I should have used more heat, but I think she's together.

This Deluxe Knight, though, was in pretty crappy shape. Very loose leg joints. Way looser than my Ravaena, who I thought was bad.

Yeah. it is pretty easy if you heat it long enough though
Gowron
Silver Grunt

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive