Anyone have any good space saving ideas?

Anyone have any good space saving ideas?

Postby Kristof123 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 am

i'm sure some of you have the same problem, my Mythic Legions army is getting quite large. keeping them in their original packages is taking up a lot of space. Has anyone found a way to take up less space but as the same time keep their figures protected? i was gonna just wrap them up and put them in a plastic bin, but i'm sure this will lead to possible breakage.
Kristof123

Re: Anyone have any good space saving ideas?

Postby Visionary » Wed May 15, 2019 11:18 am

Best thing to do is to hang them up on the walls in your living room and bedroom.
If you look real close,you can see my avatar is laughing at you.
Visionary
Goldsmith

Postby christianpyro » Wed May 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Kristof123 wrote:i'm sure some of you have the same problem, my Mythic Legions army is getting quite large. keeping them in their original packages is taking up a lot of space. Has anyone found a way to take up less space but as the same time keep their figures protected? i was gonna just wrap them up and put them in a plastic bin, but i'm sure this will lead to possible breakage.

I put mine in plastic bags (not ziplocs but the non-acidic kind). I place belts in their own bag, accessories in another, extra heads in their own bag, etc. and then put it all in a larger bag with the figures. I then put them in totes organized by army. The totes I use are fairly short, so you can only fit maybe four (5?) figures in a stack. That way there is not too much weight on the bottom figures.

I was worried about breakages too, but it's been several years and so far so good. If there was a particularly fragile looking piece I might keep it in the box or with extra protection (I've put figures in pencil boxes before. But again, so far so good. Not even antlers have broken.
christianpyro
Silver Apprentice

Postby you_will_forget » Wed May 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Sell your family.

Jo
whose local council won't give him planning permission to dig out an underground lair
My daughter has renamed my last two trolls as "Bronty" and "Blue Sky"
you_will_forget
Silver Grunt

Postby Spongyblue » Mon May 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Take a drive behind malls/department stores. Sometimes they toss display cases. Also when a store is closing down, sometimes they sell that stuff off for dirt cheap. I bought 3 big shelves from a GAP that was closing near me for $30 each. They where the big table like shelves that would hold folded shirts. I took one, flipped it over abd bolted two of them together for a decently deep shelf system. I had to dump them when I moved because the house I moved into, I didn't have my own office and they where kinda big to hold on to in the garage.
Spongyblue
Silver Grunt

Postby koonfasa » Wed May 22, 2019 1:54 am

I was going to say make them all the same army.
But I have a 1200 pixel limit. So I guess posting a link saves space.
https://i.imgur.com/ArrwdsH.jpg
ship1-3=$22.25;4=$33.25;5-6=$53.25;7-8=$64.70...
koonfasa
Golden Grunt

Postby Kristof123 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:59 am

displaying them isn't an option for me atm, i was just looking for ideas on how to store them safely but to take up less space then storing them in their original packing.
Kristof123

Return to Mythic Legions Kickstarter & Fantastic Exclusive