Backing Things at KickStarter

The place to discuss all things Four Horsemen!

Re: Backing Things at KickStarter

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:22 pm

I've seen links to it posted on Toynewsi and Marvelousnews, I think maybe even twice each. I remember because I was surprised to see it getting posted again a few weeks after it had been brought up initially. They don't usually repeat news items like that. Maybe someone at Toynewsi really wants to see these things get made this time?
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Ideal wrote:There was a comment on the KS about how there really hasn't been much coverage or discussion about these as compared to something like Mythic Legions. I was gonna comment back that there is a discussion going on here about it, but I realized its only a few of us talking about it, and its in a generic KS thread, which kinda proves their point.

Its interesting how some KS's are well known and other, relatively similar ones, are all but ignored. This is my second time backing this particular project, after the first one didn't gain any traction, and it really isn't getting any attention this time around either.

Hopefully it makes at least the minimum goal, even if the desert camo soldiers I wanted from last time never make it back around

There are people that come here that can not register that get news from us talking back and forth. I have proof of that because after I put my email out there, I have people asking me to make things for them all the time now and they tell me there are many more that come here that can not register. So even if it's just a hand full of us talking, it still gets the word out in a way.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
Follow me on Instagram at zombie13.customs
zombie13
Smith

Postby JamesLynch » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Less than $1000 from the goal with 3 days left. I don't know about hitting any of those stretch goals, but it should be pretty safely funded.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:21 am

with 62 hours left, it is finally over the initial goal. Now we see if they will get the typical last 48 hour surge that a lot of KS's get.

I'll probably up my pledge from 1 deluxe figure to 2, even though it looks like the only deluxe figure will be the UCP, and I've never liked the Army's digital camo. Its still the best figure they are offering.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby zombie13 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 pm

I've only been able to pledge for one basic because money is super tight right now. My plan is to add a few more in the backerkit. I do have some marvel legends left and having a SWAT Team to track down that Spider-Menace appeals to me.
Anyone that needs me off site or not a registered member here may email me at zombie13.customs@yahoo.com
zombie13
Smith

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:56 pm

I would love it if it goes high enough to unlock the second Snake-Eyes-like character. I mean, really I'd like it if it went high enough to unlock everything, but that's the one I have my eye on.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby zombie13 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:17 pm

I have my eye on that one too, but if it doesn't make it, I can myself once I get the Blank figures from the last Kick and this one in hand. Though it would look better with the goggle head instead of the blank IMO.
zombie13
Smith

Postby JamesLynch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:59 pm

zombie13 wrote:I have my eye on that one too, but if it doesn't make it, I can myself once I get the Blank figures from the last Kick and this one in hand. Though it would look better with the goggle head instead of the blank IMO.

Yeah, my goal is kind of to get the stealth SWAT guy and the SWAT ninja and cobble them together to make a better Snake-Eyes.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 am

38ish hours left and its within a stone's throw of the first stretch goal, so there is a decent chance of the stealth ninja getting unlocked before its all over.

when Hasbro first brought out the 6in scale Star Wars figures, I was really hoping they would do the same with GI Joe, specifically so I could get a SnakeEyes. If he gets unlocked, I may change up and drop the UCP soldier altogether and get the stealth ninja and night swat figure to make that same combo
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 am

They blew past the $70,000 mark and are within inches of $75,000. Can the get up to $80,000 and unlock the totally-not-Cobra Trooper?
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:00 am

with 15 hours left, they are sitting just over 76,000. at this rate, the not-cobra seems reasonably within reach

they are also supposed to reveal 2 additional stretch goals at some point this morning. depending on what they are, that might boost sales a bit more

--------------------edit

with 8 hours left, they are over the 80k threshold. They've shown a new stretch goal, a not-AIM soldier in yellow. The next stretch goal has been teased as being major compared to the others
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Fully funded, and every stretch goal hit (it says in the comments that, because they got so close to the final stretch goal, but had technical difficulties getting the reveal up in time before the campaign ended, they're considering it unlocked and it will be available through the backerkit).

The last reveal was a deluxe, a character called "Alpha," who looks like he's either Renegades Duke or Beachhead, depending on which parts you use.
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:20 am

im really glad they hit all their goals, or at least were close enough to call it good.

I actually pulled out with about a half hour to go. I had pledged for 4 figures in the hopes that the desert camo soldier from last time would show up as a stretch goal (and the creator responded to me that it may be), but once the final stretch goal was revealed, there just weren't any figures that I legitimately wanted
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

Postby JamesLynch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:06 pm

If these figures appreciate in value like Mythic Legions or some of the Articulated Icons, you may regret canceling your pledge. :D
JamesLynch
Silver Apprentice

Postby Ideal » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:42 am

JamesLynch wrote:If these figures appreciate in value like Mythic Legions or some of the Articulated Icons, you may regret canceling your pledge. :D

that would assume I intend to ever sell anything out of my collection. I plan to get buried with my stuff :D

I know people do it, but I can't justify buying figures simply because I expect them to be worth more money at some point. Especially if the figures aren't something that I actually want.
Ideal
Platinum Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion