Customizing figures has become a key element of Mythic Legions for many fans of these toys. Check out Instagram or join the Mythic Legions Cabal Facebook group and you will see some amazing custom creations. Truly, the creativity of the Mythic Legions community never fails to amaze us.
What you may not realize, however, is that the very first Mythic Legions “customs” were actually created long before the figures ever shipped out to fans. For this “Blast from the Past” feature today we take a look at the custom Mythic Legions creations that were on exhibit at our Toypocalypse show way back in 2014. For that art show, we asked some of our friends, collaborators, and fellow artists to take a stab at a Mythic Legions custom. This was back when we were imagining the Mythic Legions line being 4” scale, so the “figures” that these artists used in their creations were 2-up urethane casts that measured around 8” tall each. Put on display at the show in New York, and later sold on StoreHorsemen.com, these customs were created by:
- Nate Baertsch - “The Knight of Dawn”
- Shane Dittsworth - “The Raven Slayer”
- Joe Amaro - “The Dragon Knight”
- Andy Piver - “The Grim Horseman”
- Ni Mertz – “Outland Knight”
- George Gaspar – “Knight of the Living Dead”
- Scott Tolleson – “Sir George the Rainbow Killer”
- Owen Oertling – “None Shall Pass”
- Ed Waysek – “Untitled”
- Ralph Attanasia – “Gourmando the Battle Baker”
- Sherri Cook – “Date Knight"
See the photos below of these cool “Blast from the Past” one-of-a-kind Mythic Legions customs!
Published on 12.10.19